Budget PC

ewiuf

Yes.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

8 minutes ago, ewiuf said:

Would this budget PC be good enough to play games (BO 3, Far Cry, GTA 5 etc.) at medium/high settings? My budget is around $550, but I can go a bit higher.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v7WGsY

You nailed it. I have that GPU and it's amazing. Not often do people do this well on their first post! Welcome!

1 minute ago, CobbleWalker said:

You nailed it. I have that GPU and it's amazing. Not often do people do this well on their first post! Welcome!

Thanks! I've been slowly learning about building a pc so I figured I'd give it a try and this is the best I could think of.

14 minutes ago, ewiuf said:

Would this budget PC be good enough to play games (BO 3, Far Cry, GTA 5 etc.) at medium/high settings? My budget is around $550, but I can go a bit higher.

For that amount of money, you nailed it! Thanks for being awesome and welcome to the forum!

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

21 minutes ago, ewiuf said:

everyone says you've done well, im here to say that you should get a better psu

the EVGA G2 cost more, but its worth it, dont wanna cheap out on the psu because when a psu dies, it might take out your entire computer with it

other than that, well done tbh

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

7 minutes ago, Fungal said:

Yeah that looks like it could run all those, but i'd reccomend a 380x it's not much more but worth the extra 15 imo

http://www.amazon.com/XFX-990MHZ-2XDVI-Graphics-R9-380X-F24M/dp/B017WMD1Z4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1458008179&sr=8-2&keywords=380x

I'll think about getting it if I have extra cash when I start ordering the parts.

8 minutes ago, TheGhzGuy said:

For that amount of money, you nailed it! Thanks for being awesome and welcome to the forum!

Thank you! Glad to be a part of it now! :D

Yep it's good. Especially for a first build. Suggestions below: 

• shave off a bit of money by getting a gtx 950 or a r7 370
  • grab a small SSD for boot. Even if it is a 60gb on for OS only 
  • that exact PSU and the 400w version have both blown up on me. Take a look at a better EVGA one, one of seasonics OEM units or a Corsair CX or CXM series supply. 
  • Keep in mind that that motherboard is MATX and the case is a full ATX form factor. It won't affect anything but it will look a little wierd... 
  • Cooling. You may not share this view, but spending $50 on some fans and a cooler is worth it for the sake of silence. Stock coolers and stock fans have a tendency to be loud. I reccomend either the deepcool gammaxx 300 or the CM hyper 212 for a cooler and a few of corsairs AF120 quiet edition fans for case cooling. 
  • Peripherals? For a mouse and keyboard I reccomend the cm storm devestator if you are on a budget as it is solid and a super cheap combo. Nic e LEDs too. 
  • Windows? If you don't already have it, a grey market version is good to shave off a few dolla dolla billz. Kinguin is a good place to get them. I've never had a problems there... 

I'm here to help people and have fun. Feel free to chat! 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Hyper X Fury Black 16gb (2x8gb) 2133

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

everyone says you've done well, im here to say that you should get a better psu

the EVGA G2 cost more, but its worth it, dont wanna cheap out on the psu because when a psu dies, it might take out your entire computer with it

other than that, well done tbh

I did think about getting that psu since it has a 10/10 rating (I think) on Jonny Guru, I'll probably wait until it is on sale at a low price to get it if I have the chance.

4 minutes ago, ewiuf said:

I did think about getting that psu since it has a 10/10 rating (I think) on Jonny Guru, I'll probably wait until it is on sale at a low price to get it if I have the chance.

close, a 9.9/10 rating lol

Thanks for the advice! The SSD I'm ok with not having since I can deal with long boot times. I agree on the ATX & mATX statement, it's just that it (The Cooler Master case) was one of the cheapest cases I could find. Cooling; fan noise doesn't bother me too much but I do see the point you are trying to make. I'm definitely going to be getting that keyboard and mouse combo for the cheap price though. Thanks on the tips for the OS too!

25 minutes ago, BurblingBarbacoa said:
  • grab a small SSD for boot. Even if it is a 60gb on for OS only 
  • Cooling. You may not share this view, but spending $50 on some fans and a cooler is worth it for the sake of silence. Stock coolers and stock fans have a tendency to be loud. I reccomend either the deepcool gammaxx 300 or the CM hyper 212 for a cooler and a few of corsairs AF120 quiet edition fans for case cooling. 

i agree with your other point but these two nah, not in a low budget system

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

i agree with your other point but these two nah, not in a low budget system

They are suggestions. I personally feel that quick boot and a quieter system is worth it for a small amount extra. But I fully understand if that is not the case for everybody. 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

16 minutes ago, ewiuf said:

Thanks for the advice! The SSD I'm ok with not having since I can deal with long boot times. I agree on the ATX & mATX statement, it's just that it (The Cooler Master case) was one of the cheapest cases I could find. Cooling; fan noise doesn't bother me too much but I do see the point you are trying to make. I'm definitely going to be getting that keyboard and mouse combo for the cheap price though. Thanks on the tips for the OS too!

All good. Don't worry about the SSD and fans. It's just personal preference. Glad I helped a bit :) 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

1 minute ago, BurblingBarbacoa said:

They are suggestions. I personally feel that quick boot and a quieter system is worth it for a small amount extra. But I fully understand if that is not the case for everybody. 

i agree SSD is a good addition, but for a low end pc, it doesnt make sense if he have to skimp on core components just to get that luxury item

Just now, Moonzy said:

i agree SSD is a good addition, but for a low end pc, it doesnt make sense if he have to skimp on core components just to get that luxury item

Yeah. But then again I'm a person who uses a nhd14 on a locked i5 because it is quiet. As long as the core components get the job done I'm all for luxury items. 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X