Cheapest dremel for thin metal?

Octavialicious

Hey all, I need to drill out a section out of the bottom of my Air 540 case. I was looking to find a cheap dremel to do it under $40 on amazon, but I'm not too sure what would work.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

6 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

Hey all, I need to drill out a section out of the bottom of my Air 540 case. I was looking to find a cheap dremel to do it under $40 on amazon, but I'm not too sure what would work.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

For a Dremel or rotary tools there are some fairly cheapy ones like theses which can get the job done, but I would recommend getting some good quality cutting discs that are good quality as those are what will make the most difference.

http://www.amazon.com/WEN-2307-Variable-100-Piece-Accessories/dp/B00A8DXKXS/ref=sr_1_2?s=power-hand-tools&ie=UTF8&qid=1458002324&sr=1-2

2 minutes ago, bob345 said:

I'm stupid, I mean I want to cut a piece of metal out 

Kind of like this https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RAXbo7SY5Tc/hqdefault.jpg

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Just now, W-L said:

For a Dremel or rotary tools there are some fairly cheapy ones like theses which can get the job done, but I would recommend getting some good quality cutting discs that are good quality as those are what will make the most difference.

http://www.amazon.com/WEN-2307-Variable-100-Piece-Accessories/dp/B00A8DXKXS/ref=sr_1_2?s=power-hand-tools&ie=UTF8&qid=1458002324&sr=1-2

Thank you, it has all of the circle cutter things right?

1 minute ago, Octavialicious said:

I'm stupid, I mean I want to cut a piece of metal out 

Kind of like this https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RAXbo7SY5Tc/hqdefault.jpg

Alright, in that case the kit mentioned above should work quite well.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

4 minutes ago, Mug said:

Why not rent a tool?

where would you even rent one? They are cheap so I don't think they are for rent usually 

3 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

Thank you, it has all of the circle cutter things right?

They have those sand paper ones for super thin cutting widths but I usually recommend to get some decent reinforced cutting wheels or discs as they don't tend to break or shatter as easily when going through metal. That being said it would be a good idea to wear safety glasses with theses as those little pieces fly everywhere if it does break.

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

They have those sand paper ones for super thin cutting widths but I usually recommend to get some decent reinforced cutting wheels or discs as they don't tend to break or shatter as easily when going through metal. That being said it would be a good idea to wear safety glasses with theses as those little pieces fly everywhere if it does break.

Like http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004UDH9?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER ? 

That Wen tool is probably fine for what you want to do.  But if it were me I'd spend a little more and get this

http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-4000-2-30-120-Volt-Variable/dp/B002L3RUVG/ref=sr_1_3?s=power-hand-tools&ie=UTF8&qid=1458003171&sr=1-3&keywords=dremel

When buying utility tools get the best quality you can afford - if you only use it occasionally you'll have it for the rest of your life, and once you have it you will find uses for it.

As noted, use the reinforced fiber cut-off wheels.  You will also be more satisfied with your results if you cut a little inside your lines, then use files (flat for flats, rounded for curves) to finalize the job.