No drivers were found during Windows 10 installation

Drakomon322

I'm trying to install Windows 10 in my new computer, but then a message appears, " No device drivers were found. Make sure that instalación media contains the correcta drivers. Then click okay."

How can I solve this?

I'm installing Windows 10 from a DVD. 

The DVD is not low quality and the ISO is not corrupted. 

I have a Western Digital Blue 1 TB HDD and a Kingston Fury 120 GB SSD.

My motherboard is Gigabyte GA - H97 Gaming 3 ATX LGA 1150 and my processor is Intel i5 4460.

Any help is really appreciated.

what type of DVD drive are you installing this from?

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

3 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

what type of DVD drive are you installing this from?

I think it is a DVD  - R Princo 4X

Just now, Drakomon322 said:

I think it is a DVD  - R Princo 4X

is it an internal or external drive?

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Polaroid Spectra System

Just now, shadowbyte said:

is it an internal or external drive?

My optical drive?

My optical drive?

yes

Polaroid Spectra System

2 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

It's internal.

that's bizzare.

Usually this error occurs when a USB driver is missing.

Have you looked in other places for a solution?

Polaroid Spectra System

4 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

that's bizzare.

Usually this error occurs when a USB driver is missing.

Have you looked in other places for a solution?

I'm doing so , but I can't find any solution. This is driving me crazy. Shit

I'm doing so , but I can't find any solution. This is driving me crazy. Shit

sorry I can't help

this happened to me reinstalling windows on an old PC I had that was full of crap on the hard drive.

The issue was fixed once I completely wiped the hard drive, but it sounds like your storage devices are brand new

Polaroid Spectra System

Try connecting your optical drive to a different SATA controller, and try again.

If that doesn't work, get a USB flash drive, go to another system, and using Windows Media Creation Tool ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10 ), prepare the USB flash drive to have Windows 10 on it. Then connect it to your system, and boot from it.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Try connecting your optical drive to a different SATA controller, and try again.

If that doesn't work, get a USB flash drive, go to another system, and using Windows Media Creation Tool ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10 ), prepare the USB flash drive to have Windows 10 on it. Then connect it to your system, and boot from it.

I heard that this was a weird SATA problem. Someone says that I should change my HDD from AHCI to IDE and it will work.

Do you guys know about this solution?

10 minutes ago, Drakomon322 said:

I heard that this was a weird SATA problem. Someone says that I should change my HDD from AHCI to IDE and it will work.

Do you guys know about this solution?

No don't do this. You will loose performance.

The problem is the SATA controller. But you need to go get to the setup first. That is why I suggested to use a different SATA controller on the board. Once you are in the setup, you should notice another problem, at the drive selection screen, it will cause a problem at some location. You'll need at this case, get the extracted SATA controller drivers (sometimes in the motherboard chipset drivers) from the manufacture website, usually refereed as ".inf" drivers, have it extracted in a USB flash drive (you can put it in the same USB flash drive). Once done, on the screen, click on "Load Drivers", and select the SATA controller drivers folder, and Windows will do a scan and install them, and now you'll be ready to go. So, be sure to get that, be sure that you don't get the .exe setup file, as Windows is not installed yet, so can't execute exe's. And if it is a zip file, to extract it first.

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

The problem is the SATA controller. But you need to go get to the setup first. That is why I suggested to use a different SATA controller on the board. Once you are in the setup, you should notice another problem, at the drive selection screen, it will cause a problem at some location. You'll need at this case, get the extracted SATA controller drivers (sometimes in the motherboard chipset drivers) from the manufacture website, usually refereed as ".inf" drivers, have it extracted in a USB flash drive (you can put it in the same USB flash drive). Once done, on the screen, click on "Load Drivers", and select the SATA controller drivers folder, and Windows will do a scan and install them, and now you'll be ready to go. So, be sure to get that, be sure that you don't get the .exe setup file, as Windows is not installed yet, so can't execute exe's. And if it is a zip file, to extract it first.

I'll try with a different SATA on the board first. I'll let you know if it works

17 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

It didnt' work. Same problem. Now, I download the SATA drivers from my motherboard' s web page and copy them into my USB driver, right?

18 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Do i need to format my USB driver or do something else?

Windows Media Creation Tool will take care of everything. (Yes it will format your flash drive, so remove everything you need from it first). All you need to do, once it is done, is create a new folder, call it something like "SATA drivers" or what you want, and put the SATA drivers extracted in the folder.

Then you need to boot from the Flash drive (If you have the option of 2x USB flash drive, one with "UEFI" in front, pick that one), and the setup should work. At the disk/partition selection screen, click on "Load Drivers", browse to the folder your created where you put the SATA drivers, and Windows will take care of the rest. Once done, pick your drive/partition, and you should be good to go.

55 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Windows Media Creation Tool will take care of everything. (Yes it will format your flash drive, so remove everything you need from it first). All you need to do, once it is done, is create a new folder, call it something like "SATA drivers" or what you want, and put the SATA drivers extracted in the folder.

Then you need to boot from the Flash drive (If you have the option of 2x USB flash drive, one with "UEFI" in front, pick that one), and the setup should work. At the disk/partition selection screen, click on "Load Drivers", browse to the folder your created where you put the SATA drivers, and Windows will take care of the rest. Once done, pick your drive/partition, and you should be good to go.

It didn't work.

I'm downloading the Windows 10 ISO again.

It seems like the ISO that I downloaded was corrupt.

I hope it works now.

This is giving a headache.

58 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Check this out:

http://superuser.com/questions/959879/windows-10-installation-a-media-driver-your-computer-needs-is-missing/964362#964362

• 2 years later...

There is easy method (if you have that option). Install win10 using another computer then just plug drive after install to your computer.