Best cheap laptop for software development?

Looking for a laptop capable of running Android Studio with a Android Virtual Device and/or Visual Studio while having multiple chrome tabs open and a Virtual Machine instance of Ubuntu. I could live with having the VM and one IDE open but sometimes I need to work in all 3 (though rarely, so could get by with it being a little laggy.) I'm assuming for this kind of performance I would need a quad core, and probably 16gb of ram?

As far as storage is concerned I am thinking I want a SSD for the fastest boot times I could get. Most of my stuff is stored in the cloud, and I pull it down locally onto my box, but it's not that large. I would like something large enough to have a couple games installed though, so I think a 250gb range will suffice, and if I need more, I have external HDD's.

Unfortunately I have a limited budget of about $500 USD. Does such a machine even exist in this price range?

edit: The other option I can think of is if maybe skimp on the HDD/RAM and get something I can upgrade over time, and go for a nicer CPU(since I believe those are not usually replaceable?)

Thanks for the help.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

I totally agree with ProKeero, think-pads are usually a well built and well rounded machine. If that is not quite an option, or you are looking at a good overall use laptop for under a thousand. I strongly suggest this Toshiba.http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Satellite-S55t-B5233-i7-4710HQ-Technology/dp/B00PHMSOF4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1457824017&sr=8-3&keywords=16gb+ram+laptop+toshiba    I have installed 26 of these at my business and they are quite easy to add an ssd in exchange of a dvd drive later down the road. Best Of Luck! 

What if, your legs. Didn't Know. They were legs????

4 minutes ago, ProKeero said:

Is this CPU powerful enough to multi-task like what I'm looking for? My sister has a Lenovo u530 with the i7 4510u and that thing is so damn slow...takes 3 minutes to boot and I've tried everything I can think of to repair it...

Just now, CarterTJames said:

I totally agree with ProKeero, think-pads are usually a well built and well rounded machine. If that is not quite an option, or you are looking at a good overall use laptop for under a thousand. I strongly suggest this Toshiba.http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Satellite-S55t-B5233-i7-4710HQ-Technology/dp/B00PHMSOF4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1457824017&sr=8-3&keywords=16gb+ram+laptop+toshiba    I have installed 26 of these at my business and they are quite easy to add an ssd in exchange of a dvd drive later down the road. Best Of Luck! 

That would work even better than the thinkpad but he needs a laptop that's at his 500 dollar budget. But yea that would work too.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

Just now, dbruce said:

Is this CPU powerful enough to multi-task like what I'm looking for? My sister has a Lenovo u530 with the i7 4510u and that thing is so damn slow...takes 3 minutes to boot and I've tried everything I can think of to repair it...

The cpu is kinda weird lol but that ssd should destroy loading times and that 16gb ram will help that crappy cpu limp along xD

I know the price range is a little low for what I need, but unless some other stuff comes through for me this is going to be my budget...

Just now, ProKeero said:

The cpu is kinda weird lol but that ssd should destroy loading times and that 16gb ram will help that crappy cpu limp along xD

the i7 4510u is weird? how so?

Just now, dbruce said:

I know the price range is a little low for what I need, but unless some other stuff comes through for me this is going to be my budget...

Or you could try this if you want an i5 but with less ram!

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-i7537T-1122sLV-Touchscreen-Processor/dp/B00NJNE6AA/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1457824374&sr=1-4&keywords=dell+inspiron+15+7000

Just now, dbruce said:

the i7 4510u is weird? how so?

I meant the proccessor on this one

http://www.amazon.com/ThinkPad-14-inch-A6-7000-Business-Computer/dp/B00SCDJFYO/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1457823675&sr=8-7&keywords=16gb+ram+laptop

amd A6-7000 the fuck? xD and its duel core?!

Just now, dbruce said:

Is it possible to upgrade the CPU?

Lol tbh i wouldnt bother, some laptops have replaceable cpu's but have very limited cpu's to replace with and pretty much yea, that's why desktops are easier to upgrade and maintain.

Hope this helps :P

Just now, ProKeero said:

Lol tbh i wouldnt bother, some laptops have replaceable cpu's but have very limited cpu's to replace with and pretty much yea, that's why desktops are easier to upgrade and maintain.

Hope this helps :P

Aye, I hate that laptops are a much more short term purchase...