Multimedia and content creation workstation. ^_^ (Graduate thesis production machine)

ianskie

Reason for upgrading:

Laptop chugging on 1080p video and 3d rendering (High poly, high res, high res textures, will be working on V-ray once the GPU gets upgraded from my 560M).

Working with HD and possible 4K content in the future.

Primarily for helping out my G74 to render and composite complex 3d motion graphics (for my thesis, and future work projects).

Workflow calls for at least 2 PCs for faster production process.

And yes light gaming on the laptop while the desktop renders.

Monitors:

Dual monitor setup, will be upgrading to a possible 4 monitor setup, in 5-7 years (probably a new build by then).

Peripherals:

I'll buy a copy of windows and I have already a decent set of peripherals on hand, but I might try to acquire a Logitech g710+, DAC but I'll buy it on another occasion.

BUILD:

CPU: Core i7 3930K (for AE,Pr,3d application workhorse,HD rendering, 4K rendering)

MOBO: Asus Sabertooth X79

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb ddr3 1600 CL9 @ 2 kits

SSD: OCZ Vector 128gb

HDD: Seagate 2tb (ST2000DM001) x2

GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCU II (OC Ed) 2gb (For large CUDA core count)(Quadro solutions are too ridiculously expensive and hard to find in the Ph)

CASE: Corsair 650D / NZXT Phantom 410 Gun Metal(I'm leaning more on the Phantom case though)

CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i/ H110/(willing to wait for a better solution)

PSU: Seasonic (P860) 860watts Platinum Series

FANS: NZXT (FS 200RB) X4 (or any similar or better performing/Noctuas are kinda niche and expensive here in my country so prolly... meh )

TOTAL COST :

115,500 PHP (Philippine Peso) Probably final or if I can get the parts cheaper here. The cost can't go higher.

2600 USD

Any added info is greatly appreciated, this will be my first build so I might have some lacking info, just ping me when I need to fix anything here.

Thank's for looking, and looking forward to get the budget to build this, faster workflow will always help a student out when the time calls :D Hopefully It'll last at least 5-7 years before I'll have the need to upgrade the machine.

SALAMAT!!! (THANKS) ^_^

You've clearly put a fair bit of though into this. I'd look into changing to like a P9X79 WS board - I can't remember the exact price difference but the Sabertooth boards tend to be expensive for what they offer.

Other than that it looks good :)

If you're only going with a single video card you could drop the PSU down to the 660W model, unless you want room for SLI possibilities in the future. I don't think 4 extra fans are necessary, the H100i/H110 will be ejecting pretty much all the CPU heat and after that it's just a single graphics card...