Dell U3415W vs LG 34UC98-W vs Samsung S34E790C comparison and review

Krzych

@Krzych

Hi man.. Thanks for the information :)

According my budget (and options which available in my country), I'm considering to buy the Dell U3415W or the LG 34UC79G-B

The LG has 144Hz and many functions but the Dell has the bigger resolution.

Which one between those is better for your opinion ?

(I have the Nvidia Geforce 750 Ti graphic card)

It's very important for me to hear it from you..

Thanks ;)

On 24.06.2017 at 9:05 PM, barhaviv said:

@Krzych

Hi man.. Thanks for the information :)

According my budget (and options which available in my country), I'm considering to buy the Dell U3415W or the LG 34UC79G-B

The LG has 144Hz and many functions but the Dell has the bigger resolution.

Which one between those is better for your opinion ?

(I have the Nvidia Geforce 750 Ti graphic card)

It's very important for me to hear it from you..

Thanks ;)

This is a bit of a hard pick. Dell will have much better resolution, but a lot of bleed. LG has very low resolution for this size, but the panel is newer so it could have less bleed, although I don't really know if thats true here. Looking at those few photos on the web, 34UC79 still has this yellow bleed similar to older panels and is not of the same quality as 34UC88/98. Also keep in mind that with this GPU you won't be able to run those displays, with 3440x1440 you will struggle even in non-demanding games. I would take Dell because I don't care about 144 Hz and it has much better resolution while the panel quality should be similar. But generally I wouldn't buy any of these two, save some more money and get something with proved quality. No point of buying something poor for ~600$ if you can get the best of what market and technology is offering at this moment and time in this segment for $700-750. LG 34UC88/98, Dell U3417W, maybe Samsung CF791 but I cannot vote for this one because I didn't test it. Seems good though.

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6900K 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: X99 Sabertooth | GPU: RTX 2080 Ti SLi | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3400 CL13 | SSD: SX8200 PRO 512GB | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Case: InWin 805C | Monitor: LG 38UC99-W 85Hz | Keyboard: Wooting One Analog | Keypad: Azeron Compact Analog | Mouse: Swiftpoint Z | Audio: Klipsch Reference 5.1