Some tips and advice for my first water build

Hey all,

I wanted to get some tips and advice for my first custem water build, and if u do for a first time a water build is it better to start with soft tube or can u also start with hard tube like PETG.

These will be the specs for the build:

MOBO: MSI Z170A GAMING M7
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700
MEM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB 2400MHz DDR4
GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G 2x
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB
OPT1: Asus BC-12D2HT
PSU: 1000W Corsair RM1000i
PSU EXTRA: Corsair Gen2 Green Sleeved Modular Cable Kit + Green Sleeved 24pin ATX Cable
CASE:NZXT S340 Zwart
CASE EXTRA: NZXT HUE+ + NZXT Extension Kit

And these will the water build items, any advice if the are good or should i look for other parts:

CPU Block:  Ek-Supremacy EVO block
GPU Block: EK-FC980 GTX Ti TF5 acetal+nickel + EK-FC980 GTX TF5 Backplate

RAD + Fans: EK-CoolStrean SE 240 Slim dual ( not shure if 1 is good or 2 ) Corsair air series sp120 High performance 2x

Reservoir: Bitspower water Tank Z multi ultra.

But fittings and pump i am not shure dont know what to choose and same with should i start with soft tube or PETG, so on that part any advice is welcome also if u say that some of the items dont work perfect with each other and u have a better item or a item that fit better plz tell.

And dont worry about budget there is no budget for this build only that it need to be cool and look nice.

Also if u have advice on the hardware for the pc is always welcome because i think this will work well togther but if not plz tell me so i can change the item for it to make it work.

Greetz headhunter

14 hours ago, AaO|Headhunter said:

-SNIP-

That looks to be fairly good for tubing soft tube is easier to work with since you can bend and curve it easily where hardline can be done first time around if your handy and have the tools for cutting and bending the tubes but takes more time to get right. For fittings you will require hardline based compression based fittings. 

One thing to note is you only have a dual 120mm rad which is at the absolute bare minimum for a single CPU and GPU ideally a 360mm would be a good start but in the S340 isn't  the best case for watercooling due to the mounting options. Also the corsair Performance Edition fans aren't the absolutely silent if that is what your wanting even turned all the way down. 

For the pump one of the best are the D5 and coming in second to that being the DDC,

Thnx for those tips,

Then if i would go for a build that have 1 cpu, 2 gpu i should go with a 360 rad then what similair case would u recomend then.

And which fans would u recomand then because i am going for a silent system with a green theme.

Just now, AaO|Headhunter said:

Thnx for those tips,

Then if i would go for a build that have 1 cpu, 2 gpu i should go with a 360 rad then what similair case would u recomend then.

You can do separate rads in the S340 say a 280mm in the front and a 140/120mm in the top or rear to try an maximize rad space. As for other cases that are good for watercooling if you want to stick with NZXT the S340 or H440 are both good options some others are the Define S or 750D. 

Thnx i will look in to it and let u know which 1 i choose and show the results thnx for the help.