Unable to uninstall nvidia drivers and software

Go to solution Solved by Chrizl1990,

Maybe try using the Display driver uninstaller found here http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/display_driver_uninstaller.html

Then reinstall the nvidia drivers again. Hope this helps!

Hello,

I was trying to uninstall my nvidia drivers and software but I am to do so through the Programs and Features.

When I click on uninstall, I get the error message where it refers to a specific module is not found.

This happened after when I updated to the latest drivers through the Geforce Experience. I did manage to roll back to the previous drivers using clean install but I am still facing the same error.

Is there a way to solve this issue?

nvidia issue.PNG

1 hour ago, naokuronao said:

Hello,

I was trying to uninstall my nvidia drivers and software but I am to do so through the Programs and Features.

When I click on uninstall, I get the error message where it refers to a specific module is not found.

This happened after when I updated to the latest drivers through the Geforce Experience. I did manage to roll back to the previous drivers using clean install but I am still facing the same error.

Is there a way to solve this issue?

nvidia issue.PNG

AMD did something simular to me so i had to download a 3rd party program. also why do you want to uninstall them?

Main build
CPU: i7 5820k  MotherBoard: Gigabyte x99 UD4  RAM: corsair ballistix 2400mhz 4x4gb  GPU: Asus GTX 970  PSU: corsair rm1000  SSD 1: Samsung 840evo 500gb  SSD 2: Samsung 850evo 500gb  HDD: Western Digital red 3tb  Case: Phanteks Enthoo pro M  CPU cooler: corsair h80i

Second build
CPU: i7 5820k  MotherBoard: Gigabyte x99 UD5 WIFI  RAM: G.skill 2666mhz 4x4gb  GPU: Nvidia GTS 450 (soon to be upgraded)  PSU: corsair HX650  SSD: Samsung 850evo 250gb  Case: Cooler Master 430 elite  CPU cooler: Cooler Master hyper 212 evo

Third build

CPU: xeon x5690  MotherBoard: Evga x58 classified 4way-sli  Ram: Patriot 1600mhz 4x3gb  GPU: Asus HD6970  PSU: fractal newton r2 1000w  SSD: crucial m500 240gb  Case: Cooler Master Haf X  CPU cooler: Mega Shadow

Maybe try using the Display driver uninstaller found here http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/display_driver_uninstaller.html

Then reinstall the nvidia drivers again. Hope this helps!

Spoiler

My Rig {TEAM RED} --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X GPU: Powercolor Red Dragon RX590 8GB PSU: Novatech Powerstation V2 500w Semi Modular 

Mobo: Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming RAM: Adata XPG 16GB 3000mhz Storage: Sandisk Ultra 120GB SSD + 1 WD 1TB Blues

Case: Corsair Carbide Spec 05   Cooling:  AMD Raith Spectre RGB  Monitor:  Benq XL2420Z

Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion SPECTRUM  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SPECTRUM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use DDU. Instead of uninstalling the drivers it will just simply delete each file.

So even if it can't find a file because it's broken or corrupt DDU will still remove it all.

It's not a race to the bottom.

On 2016/3/10 at 11:28 PM, ExozeGD said:

AMD did something simular to me so i had to download a 3rd party program. also why do you want to uninstall them?

That's unfortunate, did you use the ddu as well?

I just wanted to get this fixed, the driver works but when I do the updates automatically, it gets stuck so I thought this was problem.