Hyper 212 evo + i7 3770k? Overclock pointers :D

ScotFox
Go to solution Solved by Hazy125,

As with all overclocking, it is dependent on the individual chip. I can get 5.1Ghz with an evo on my 3770K, but virtually no on else would even get close to that. However, 4Ghz on an evo is possible on the majority of chips. You will have to add more volts, as each chip varies I can't tell you how much more voltage you will need to add. Ideally you would like to have your CPU sitting between 30-40 degrees after overclocking or even lower still. Just don't have your normal load or gaming load temperatures exceed 67.4 degrees

Hey everyone, i want to overclock my i7 3770k to around 4ghz and i was wondering if this is possible with the Hyper 212 evo. What temperature should the cpu sit at after overclocking and do i have to add more volts?

Thanks for any replys

Fox

Leader of the Fox Army on twitch and youtube

As with all overclocking, it is dependent on the individual chip. I can get 5.1Ghz with an evo on my 3770K, but virtually no on else would even get close to that. However, 4Ghz on an evo is possible on the majority of chips. You will have to add more volts, as each chip varies I can't tell you how much more voltage you will need to add. Ideally you would like to have your CPU sitting between 30-40 degrees after overclocking or even lower still. Just don't have your normal load or gaming load temperatures exceed 67.4 degrees

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

wooah is that an ES chip?

to OP: yes it is even possible to get to 4ghz with stock cooler with majority of the chips

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

wooah is that an ES chip?

to OP: yes it is even possible to get to 4ghz with stock cooler with majority of the chips

I freaking wish. Just pure luck

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Ok thanks very much, so ill just see how high i can get staying within 30-40 degrees 

what! 67.4c? thats freezing for intel cpu's.

Ok thanks very much, so ill just see how high i can get staying within 30-40 degrees 

you won't get very far with that its probably more than that at stock. you want to make sure that you stress test your cpu with something like prime 95 and the temps should be fine up to 80c when running that. if you set your cpu to manual volts to start with then start increasing the multiplier and stressing it at 200mhz intervals. you might get to 4ghz on the stock voltage but i'm sure your will be able to get 4.2-4.4ghz with the cpu under full load without it overheating.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

you won't get very far with that its probably more than that at stock. you want to make sure that you stress test your cpu with something like prime 95 and the temps should be fine up to 80c when running that. if you set your cpu to manual volts to start with then start increasing the multiplier and stressing it at 200mhz intervals. you might get to 4ghz on the stock voltage but i'm sure your will be able to get 4.2-4.4ghz with the cpu under full load without it overheating.

Stress testing just now with Prime 95, Havent changed the voltage but it is running @4Ghz, temps right now at full stress are sitting at 60-65 degrees, is this correct

http://ark.intel.com/products/65523/Intel-Core-i7-3770K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz?ui=BIG&wapkw=3770k

Maximum recommend temperature for Tcase(temperature at the IHS) is 67.4 degrees celcius

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Stress testing just now with Prime 95, Havent changed the voltage but it is running @4Ghz, temps right now at full stress are sitting at 60-65 degrees, is this correct

That is perfectly reasonable. To clarify, stress testing can exceed that 67.4, but for applications that poeple spend a lot of time doing, like gaming or even just idle, having it above 67.4 for extended period of time is bad for the chip and could decrease lifespan

I am good at computer

Spoiler

That is perfectly reasonable. To clarify, stress testing can exceed that 67.4, but for applications that poeple spend a lot of time doing, like gaming or even just idle, having it above 67.4 for extended period of time is bad for the chip and could decrease lifespan

Thanks for your help dudes :D Currently running perfectly fine at full stress test @ around 63 degrees on prime95 and in games and editing programs 45ish 

http://ark.intel.com/products/65523/Intel-Core-i7-3770K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz?ui=BIG&wapkw=3770k

Maximum recommend temperature for Tcase(temperature at the IHS) is 67.4 degrees celcius

intel ark lies and that is a different temp the the socket andcore temps are completely different. the one that is measured it the various monitoring software is the core temprature which is fine up to 80c. most silicone doesnt start degrading very quick until around 100c anyway so 80c should be ok. amd cpu's use a different sensor and this is why they can't be push to higher tempratures. its not intel having magic silicone

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016