Time to Clean

byalexandr

So I took my Ducky to school today since I was about to cry when I was using the membrane garbage they had there, and on the way I noticed my keyboard is getting quite dirty and it's time to give it a good clean.

Last time I cleaned it, I took off all the caps and soaked them in a Dawn and warm water solution, and then dried each keycap and painstakingly put it back on. But honestly the Dawn didn't do that much, and I'm wondering if there's anything more powerful that still won't damage the UV coating on my backlit Ducky caps.

Does Oxy-Clean have any denaturing ingredients or alcohol, etc.? I don't have any denture tabs or anything lying around since we don't have any old people in the house xD Any ideas?

You know your hardcore when you can't type on membrane anymore lol xD

3 minutes ago, Bobby_Joe_90 said:

You know your hardcore when you can't type on membrane anymore lol xD

I still have a membrane keyboard, I really wish I could get a mechanical however I just don't have a $120 to get my favorite key types (blues). I have heard that they are the lightest to press which what I like. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Just now, Orangeator said:

I still have a membrane keyboard, I really wish I could get a mechanical however I just don't have a $120 to get my favorite key types (blues). I have heard that they are the lightest to press which what I like. 

There are cheaper blue switch boards.

http://www.amazon.com/Coolermaster-SGK-4000-GKCL1-US-Storm-QuickFire-Rapid/dp/B0068INSUM

[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

6 minutes ago, Bobby_Joe_90 said:

-ignore this (dumb quoting is meesed up)-

1 minute ago, Orangeator said:

MX Blues are one of the heaviest switches. MX Reds are the lightest.

You can get blues for much cheaper than $120. I'm going to be buying this keyboard on Friday. http://www.amazon.com/CM-Storm-QuickFire-TK-Mechanical/dp/B00A378L4C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457579642&sr=8-1&keywords=Cooler+Master+Quickfire+TK

There are even cheaper options if you look hard enough.

1 minute ago, byalexandr said:

MX Blues are one of the heaviest switches. MX Reds are the lightest.

51xCNz-OxVL.jpg

Just now, Bobby_Joe_90 said:

51xCNz-OxVL.jpg

Oh wow, I thought Blues were even heavier than MX Browns. I like them though, my Ducky is MX Blue. Best $140 I've ever spent.

Just now, byalexandr said:

Hey I drew your profile pic in my sketchbook, I don't have it with me right now but I'll show you if you want :)

Sure

[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

Just now, roctrebira said:

Sure

I'll get a pic of it once I get my sketchbook back, my teacher has it right now :D

2 minutes ago, Bobby_Joe_90 said:

51xCNz-OxVL.jpg

Oh okay I didn't know that. Then I want reds. I thought blue's were lighter for some reason. What is a good (cheaper side) red switch ones?

Just now, byalexandr said:

Oh wow, I thought Blues were even heavier than MX Browns. I like them though, my Ducky is MX Blue. Best $140 I've ever spent.

I believe this is accurate because Corsair used it as a photo on Newegg.

Oh okay I didn't know that. Then I want reds. I thought blue's were lighter for some reason. What is a good (cheaper side) red switch ones?

Reds are very linear though, not clicky like Blues. They make a clack when you bottom them out but that's it.

2 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Reds are very linear though, not clicky like Blues. They make a clack when you bottom them out but that's it.

Yeah I perfectly fine with that. I thought blues were like the reds for some reason, I got the two swapped in my mind somehow. 

2 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

IF you like typing a lot don't get red they suck for typing tbh its what i use and my speed of typing went down when i switched from browns to red just due to messing up words more often since reds are so easy to press.

3 minutes ago, roctrebira said:

IF you like typing a lot don't get red they suck for typing tbh its what i use and my speed of typing went down when i switched from browns to red just due to messing up words more often since reds are so easy to press.

I am one of those people who type with the fingers up high, so I preciously click each key. (I wont have problems running my fingers over the keys and accidentally pressing them because I don't rub my fingers across the keyboard like most)  I kind of look like I am playing a piano when I type. Lol. However I do type quite fast. 

4 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

I am one of those people who type with the fingers up high, so I preciously click each key. (I wont have problems running my fingers over the keys and accidentally pressing them because I don't rub my fingers across the keyboard like most)  I kind of look like I am playing a piano when I type. Lol. However I do type quite fast. 

I have a feeling you would like browns then its like a quiet blue switch but very nice for typing on.

1 minute ago, roctrebira said:

I have a feeling you would like browns then its like a quiet blue switch but very nice for typing on.

Okay I will trust you, any good suggestions? Preferably around $80 (I am assuming that is under budget however you can push it a little if need be).

7 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Okay I will trust you, any good suggestions? Preferably around $80 (I am assuming that is under budget however you can push it a little if need be).

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-keyboard-rk9000v2br

Only one i could find for $80.

3 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Yeah you can bump the budget up a little bit, if I am going to be spending this much on a keyboard might as well get decent one.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009C98NPY/?tag=pcpapi-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A378L10/?tag=pcpapi-20

Pick one either one is solid i owned the logitech myself but the CM is pretty much the best "budget" mech keyboard.

found a condom in my keyboard. no irony there.

Don't fail me now as i've failed you then.