New to liqud cooling

I am soon to order my parts for my pc, and i would like to know if I should water cool it.

We need more information.  AIO or custom loop, first build or not, and total budget for computer and watercooling.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

On 3/9/2016 at 8:36 PM, Amazingasian said:

We need more information.  AIO or custom loop, first build or not, and total budget for computer and watercooling.

1st Build, about a 1000$ budget, and I was looking at the Corsair H100i. I will be overclocking.

From this post and some of your other posts I think it would be most helpful if you could tell us the purpose of your build and the goals you have for it. 

Is it only for gaming, or will you also be doing video editing, streaming, or other tasks?

Is having a quiet / silent build important to you?

What are your requirements for your build that are non-negotiable?

This can help us give you some solid advice. Also, if you have already chosen some parts, make a pcpartpicker build list and post it. Many eyes can spot something that may be better for your intended use. 

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

5 minutes ago, thehydragamer said:

1st Build, about a 1000$ budget, and I was looking at the Corsair H100i. I will be overclocking.

I would suggest saving some money by going with a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 or Noctua NH-D15 instead of a H100i.  They will perform about the same. You can put the extra money into a better GPU or higher capacity SSD.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

On 3/9/2016 at 8:42 PM, Papakuma said:

From this post and some of your other posts I think it would be most helpful if you could tell us the purpose of your build and the goals you have for it. 

Is it only for gaming, or will you also be doing video editing, streaming, or other tasks?

Is having a quiet / silent build important to you?

What are your requirements for your build that are non-negotiable?

This can help us give you some solid advice. Also, if you have already chosen some parts, make a pcpartpicker build list and post it. Many eyes can spot something that may be better for your intended use. 

sorry, I am kind of a noob when it comes to this stuff. It will mostly be for gaming and editing. 

here is a parts list http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vcgGWZ

44 minutes ago, thehydragamer said:

sorry, I am kind of a noob when it comes to this stuff. It will mostly be for gaming and editing. 

You should spend some time in this sub-forum. You can post your build log and info there and you will get much more help than in the water cooling forum (the people here are helpful but the new build advice you are looking for is best found elsewhere)

https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/18-new-builds-and-planning/

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

14 hours ago, thehydragamer said:

I know it's not about water cooling, but I noticed you're kind of cutting it close with your power draw and power supply limit. I personally would recommend bumping up to a 650, you'd probably get something better then a bronze by doing so as well. 

but yeah, water cooling isn't a bad idea at all, I starting idling 11-14 on a 8350 when I point one in my system, before that with the stock cooler I was about 30-40 on idle.

if you want a cooler for the same price as the one you have rn, the 60i from corisar is the one I got and I am EXTREMELY happy with it. (Though with your budget, a higher end cooler like the 100i or something would be good too.)