Mic sounds good through Skype but not when screen recording.

SonicX278

So i bought the g430 Logitech gaming head set and apparently they have this problem. The mic sounds bad when recording your screen like for example playing a game and talking. But when i go on Skype and call a friend they say the mic sounds awesome. We did a quick test and when I was talking on Skype the mic recorded really nice audio on his PC. What might be the problem? I have the latest Logitech gaming software and drivers for the head set.

Is the software you using allowing you to set the bitrate for the audio? Perhaps it's set really low. 

Couple things you can do, one, like daltonm said check the birate settings... if you cant find a fix here i suggest trying a different software ie audacity to record your audio... let me know if you have questions

oh i see.. try this:

assuming your on windows

right click on audio/volume level and select recording devices

right click on your logitech mic and go to properties

from there mess around with the levels to see if that works.. ie lower the mic input and boost, sounds worse? go the other way..

also try deselecting everything in enhancements, sometimes windows like to over do how mics communicate with certain software.

also go into the advanced tab and you can adjust bit rates there but, if skype sounds good already it shouldn't do anything..

lastly if none of this works try using audacity (just googleits the first cite that comes up) its a free really good audio program.. if your mic doesn't work well there then maybe your friends thought the quality was better just because it was louder..

typically gaming headset mics are not as good for high quality recording. They simply act as a  form communication with your friends.