Reinstalling Windows, help!

So, im gonna do a CLEAN install of Windows 8.1 then gonna do the free upgrade of 10 since my pc is having some problems. So i was wondering if i reinstall do i need to do anything before it other than save the files i want?! Also, i have 1 SSD (OS and Files) and 1 HDD (Games and big files), how do i go with the partition to delete everything but idk how it works, like how to i want to go about deleting EVERYTHING but the Drive itself and choosing the SSD as OS. Like i said i want to DELETE EVERYTHING like it was when i first built it. Also, will i have to do the same when i go to windows 10 upgrade? im planning on doing it right away after windows 8.1. Thanks! :)

dont upgrade

just clean install windows 10

you will have less issues

you can activate windows 10 with your 8.1 key

http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

clean install windows 10 and during the install, you select the ssd partition. You dont need to do anything else

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

While you are in the install process there will be a part where you choose which partition or disk you would like to install on. At this part you can select any partitions you wish and hit the "Delete" option at the bottom which will completely wipe these partitions and then you can install on them.

17 minutes ago, Enderman said:

dont upgrade

just clean install windows 10

you will have less issues

you can activate windows 10 with your 8.1 key

Thank you, but i dont have a CD to burn or an ISO file for USB that big enough for it. so wouldnt doing windows 8.1 then 10 the best option for me? I was gonna do Option 2 but then it said it wont fix ALL issues like a clean install. I dont mind waiting 

4 minutes ago, mrconmasterx7 said:

Thank you, but i dont have a CD to burn or an ISO file for USB that big enough for it. so wouldnt doing windows 8.1 then 10 the best option for me? I was gonna do Option 2 but then it said it wont fix ALL issues like a clean install. I dont mind waiting 

how do you not have a 4GB USB?

everyone has a USB these days...

if you dont then only cost a couple bucks, go buy one and put windows 10 on it

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

40 minutes ago, Enderman said:

how do you not have a 4GB USB?

everyone has a USB these days...

if you dont then only cost a couple bucks, go buy one and put windows 10 on it

OH WAIT! I have an 8gb USB! Found one in my cabinet. Is that enough to reinstall windows 10? Again, please remember, that i need a COMPLETE CLEAN install. so everythings deleted :)

7 minutes ago, mrconmasterx7 said:

OH WAIT! I have an 8gb USB! Found one in my cabinet. Is that enough to reinstall windows 10? Again, please remember, that i need a COMPLETE CLEAN install. so everythings deleted :)

yes you need just 4GB

follow the instructions here

when you get to this screen make sure you click format

Install-Windows-7-12-format.jpg

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Enderman said:

yes you need just 4GB

follow the instructions here

when you get to this screen make sure you click format

Install-Windows-7-12-format.jpg

ok, thank you! I understand most of it now, except, when i go to the screen of partitions (like i said i have 1 SSD and 1 HDD) Do I delete all partitions then format the ssd and hdd and then make a new partition?! So sorry, just alittle confused since this is the first time doing a clean install.

5 minutes ago, mrconmasterx7 said:

ok, thank you! I understand most of it now, except, when i go to the screen of partitions (like i said i have 1 SSD and 1 HDD) Do I delete all partitions then format the ssd and hdd and then make a new partition?! So sorry, just alittle confused since this is the first time doing a clean install.

you should only have the drive which youre installing windows onto plugged in

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

you should only have the drive which youre installing windows onto plugged in

oh ok, but should i format or delete any other partitions since im doing a clean install and need everything deleted?! Do i need to Format the SSD and HDD to get everything off?

11 minutes ago, mrconmasterx7 said:

just format the one youre installing on, then later plug the other one in and just format it from within windows

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

just format the one youre installing on, then later plug the other one in and just format it from within windows

Alright thanks so much!!! :) I will tell you how it went

13 minutes ago, Enderman said:

So i just ran into a problem, it says "We cannot find a USB Flash Drive", but then the files detected it. why? I have everything deleted, formatted, and it has 8gbs

2 minutes ago, mrconmasterx7 said:

So i just ran into a problem, it says "We cannot find a USB Flash Drive", but then the files detected it. why? I have everything deleted, formatted, and it has 8gbs

what says it cant find a USB drive

did you follow the instructions in the link?

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

what says it cant find a USB drive

did you follow the instructions in the link?

yes, installed the tool, did the instructions, then when i choose "USB Flash Drive", it says We cannot find a USB. and i refreshed the list many times

2 minutes ago, mrconmasterx7 said:

yes, installed the tool, did the instructions, then when i choose "USB Flash Drive", it says We cannot find a USB. and i refreshed the list many times

oh you need to do this first to the USB

http://www.howtogeek.com/191054/how-to-create-bootable-usb-drives-and-sd-cards-for-every-operating-system/

Spoiler

On 3/6/2016 at 5:51 PM, Enderman said:

HI! I just wanted to say it worked flawlessly! I clean installed windows 10 with other deleting any partitions but did format the HDD and SDD and it seems ALOT faster and alot better in general. AND MY GAMING PC CAN PLAY GAMES NOW! :D (before my CPU was having a bad problem where it wont go the full Ghz but it fixed it!) I just want to say THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!!! Really appreciate it :) 

20 minutes ago, mrconmasterx7 said:

HI! I just wanted to say it worked flawlessly! I clean installed windows 10 with other deleting any partitions but did format the HDD and SDD and it seems ALOT faster and alot better in general. AND MY GAMING PC CAN PLAY GAMES NOW! :D (before my CPU was having a bad problem where it wont go the full Ghz but it fixed it!) I just want to say THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!!! Really appreciate it :) 

yay

you're welcome :D

Spoiler