CPU Usage only at 24% under Load!!! PLEASE HELP!

So heres what happened. I need to RMA a Graphics Card, so i took it out of my PC and while i was doing that, i reapplied thermal paste on my CPU because i thought i might as well do it at that time. So i did and got everything running. So today, i wanted to see what the Temps would be if CPU would be at 90-100% usage. I installed Prime95 and did some testing, when i pulled up task manager, it said it went from like 5% to 24%. so i tried again, same thing. And the Temps didnt even really go up or down. So i installed Intel Burn Test, SAME THING! It only goes up to 24% at 700Mhz. Whats wrong? How can i fix this? Is this maybe why my games were running low and it wasnt my GPU?!?! Is there a way to see if my CPU is failing? PLEASE HELP!!! (I5 4590 3.3Ghz Quad Core) Thanks :)

try running cinabench it is the only one i know of at actually uses 100%

CPU: i5 4690k  (overclocked to 4.3ghz)             CPU Cooler: Cryorig h7                 MOBO:  Msi Z97 pc mate             RAM: 8GB HyperX 1600 blue

GPU: rx480  4gb                                                 CASE: Corsair Spec-01 red              OS: Windows 10

PSU: EVGA 500   watt                                       SSD:    v60gb Mushkin ssd                HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

Your cpu performs like that when not under intense work like video rendering and gaming. Right now with only chrome and skype open my cpu is running at 20-30%. You should be concerned if your cpu was more than that

This happened with my AMD CPU. Might be your motherboard

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

Try going into the control Panel and then power options and turn the setting to high performance that will stop the cpu from under clocking itself  hope that fixes it.