How does a clean install of windows 10 work

Arcanekitten
Go to solution Solved by Scottonpc,

When you install and activate Windows 10 on a system for the first time, the installer confirms that you have a “genuine Windows” system installed and registers your hardware with Microsoft’s servers. After that, you shouldn’t have to enter that key again on the same PC–Microsoft will recognize your hardware the next time you install Windows 10 on that machine, confirm it’s registered, and automatically activate itself.

Hi

I just wanted to format a pc but then I thought about the serial code and stuff in windows 10 that changed.

So how does it work now? I have seen people say if the pc has a already installed windows 10 license (which it has) it will just pick the code up from the previous windows install when booting up to the fresh installed windows.

And to make it clear the pc has a legit copy of windows 10 already installed but windows is doing some weird stuff so I want to do a fresh install on by first formatting it completely.

Thanks 

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

3 minutes ago, Arcanekitten said:

Hi

I just wanted to format a pc but then I thought about the serial code and stuff in windows 10 that changed.

So how does it work now? I have seen people say if the pc has a already installed windows 10 license (which it has) it will just pick the code up from the previous windows install when booting up to the fresh installed windows.

And to make it clear the pc has a legit copy of windows 10 already installed but windows is doing some weird stuff so I want to do a fresh install on by first formatting it completely.

Thanks 

If you already had windows 10 on the machine you won't need to enter a code again. Just continue to the desktop and connect to the internet, everything else will be taken care of.

you are basically starting from scratch, with a clean formatted drive. Upgrading, is when you already have a pre-existing OS and you are replacing the files with a new OS (Windows 10)

When you install and activate Windows 10 on a system for the first time, the installer confirms that you have a “genuine Windows” system installed and registers your hardware with Microsoft’s servers. After that, you shouldn’t have to enter that key again on the same PC–Microsoft will recognize your hardware the next time you install Windows 10 on that machine, confirm it’s registered, and automatically activate itself.