Sugo 13b Build

Greetings! This build is going to be a Mass Effect themed attempt at a gift for a friend. I've already gotten the case and the supplies to get it painted (tweaked plastidip) and custom cables, so all that is left for planning are the rest of the internal bits. As this will be his first gaming computer and only uses photoshop on still images (no extreme animation or video that I am aware of) I was hoping to stick with skylake and go with Gigabyte's Z170N board and a 6700k as a solid starting point. After that, I was hoping to either paint a stock pascal blower (hopefully not as painful of an experience as @LinusTech is having!) or hope for another board partner to have a pascal line similar to MSI's black and red gaming cards. My question to you guys is about the storage.... I haven't been able to find any decent looking and performing HDD/SSDs that fit the color scheme I am aiming for (red/white/black) and don't know if plastidip would work well on them. If anyone could recommend an alternate method of coloring that would look good or inform me that it would actually be okay to do, I would be eternally grateful. I suppose if nothing else, I could just remove the stickers and have them be matte black.. I know the 13b does not have a window on it, but what you can see through the ventilation holes I do want to match. I don't have any major budget concerns and the external things (monitor/mouse/keyboard) are taken care of.

Edit: Forgot to mention I am planning on painting an hx750 for the psu as well.

Thanks again.

No problem and good luck with the build i love sff builds :)

I am making a similar build but decided to go for 6700 and a more affordable motherboard, as I do not expect much overclocking ability in this case. The cooling options are limited and I suggest looking for an AIO liquid cooler, and a front 140mm fan.

3 minutes ago, gonfalons said:

I am making a similar build but decided to go for 6700 and a more affordable motherboard, as I do not expect much overclocking ability in this case. The cooling options are limited and I suggest looking for an AIO liquid cooler, and a front 140mm fan.

I have a spare h80i, so that should take care of cooling :)

Small update: The gpu shroud has been painted*! Woo! (Sorry for the potato quality, One m7)

*This is probably just practice for the new card

IMAG1775.jpg

IMAG1795.jpg

IMAG1801.jpg

Working on the case now. Bit of washing to do on the grill.

tumblr_o3rmx2WcMr1ulfoano1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o3rmx2WcMr1ulfoano2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o3rmx2WcMr1ulfoano3_1280.jpg

tumblr_o3rmx2WcMr1ulfoano4_1280.jpg

• 5 weeks later...