4 fans, 1 AIO - 2 x fan splitter?

Hey guys, I own a mini-itx build & in it I have a corsair h100i V2.

My mini-itx motherboard is the asus z170i pro gaming & my fans are the noctua ippc 2000 pwm fans.

I wanted my corsair link to control my push/pull config on the h100i v2 but to be able to do that i would need to attach 2 fan splitter's to the corsair h100i v2 aio so it can control 4 fans instead of 2.

My questions are:

1) Can it/will it work?

2) Since the new corsair aio's take power straight from the cpu_fan header, will it be able to give enough power for the aio pump + 4 fans?

3) Can corsair link control fans at the same rpm as it control fans that are connected to the aio cooler?  My asus fan xpert software min's the other 2 fans at 800rpm instead of 400rpm which the corsair link is able to do.  This is why i want to connect 4 fans to it instead of 2.

4) Is this okay to do? I mean to connect 2 fan splitter's to connect 4 fans to the aio?

Thanks guys.

8 minutes ago, rasesh said:

-SNIP-

It may be pushing it since the AIO takes all it's power from the header and doesn't have a separate power in like some versions. Since the fans are all 4 pin PWM you could get a power splitter which takes power from the PSU and only takes the PWM and RPM reading as a pass through. With that you can leave second original header unpopulated. 

7 minutes ago, W-L said:

It may be pushing it since the AIO takes all it's power from the header and doesn't have a separate power in like some versions. Since the fans are all 4 pin PWM you could get a power splitter which takes power from the PSU and only takes the PWM and RPM reading as a pass through. With that you can leave second original header unpopulated. 

Yeah, but the point is i want all 4 fans to be controlled by corsair link which can only happen if the fans are connected to 2 of those fan connections that come off from the pump.

1 minute ago, rasesh said:

Yeah, but the point is i want all 4 fans to be controlled by corsair link which can only happen if the fans are connected to 2 of those fan connections that come off from the pump.

That would still have it controllable to Corsair link a splitter like this, where the 4 pin connection is still make to the 4 pin output of the AIO, it would pass through the PWM control signals but have power seperately.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/gelid-pwm-1-to-4-splitter.html

It 'can' work, but typically a motherboard fan header has a maximum current of 1 Amp - i.e. if you have 4 x 0.3A fans on one header, then at full speed they're running well above the rated limit.

You may need to check your own motherboard specs for guidance here, I'm not sure how much variation their is between fan headers, or what the power requirement is of the AIO unit itself (assuming it's powered off the header too).

6 minutes ago, Quinnbeast said:

It 'can' work, but typically a motherboard fan header has a maximum current of 1 Amp - i.e. if you have 4 x 0.3A fans on one header, then at full speed they're running well above the rated limit.

You may need to check your own motherboard specs for guidance here, I'm not sure how much variation their is between fan headers, or what the power requirement is of the AIO unit itself (assuming it's powered off the header too).

Yeah the AIO is powered off the header aswell.  My mobo which i listed here can handle 1A for the cpu_fan header.

http://noctua.at/en/nf-f12-industrialppc-2000-pwm.html

According to that it seems these fans take 0.1A per fan or am I reading the wrong row?

8 minutes ago, W-L said:

That would still have it controllable to Corsair link a splitter like this, where the 4 pin connection is still make to the 4 pin output of the AIO, it would pass through the PWM control signals but have power seperately.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/gelid-pwm-1-to-4-splitter.html

So i connect the molex to the psu & connect the one cable next to the molex in the picture to one of the 4-pin output's of the aio cooler & connect the 4 fans to the 4 cables?

The pin shown in the picture that's next to the molex connector is that 4-pin aswell? or it will not receive rpm from one of the other 4-pin cables.

Sorry, so hard to explain what im trying to say.

1 minute ago, rasesh said:

Yeah the AIO is powered off the header aswell.  My mobo which i listed here can handle 1A for the cpu_fan header.

So i connect the molex to the psu & connect the one cable next to the molex in the picture to one of the 4-pin output's of the aio cooler & connect the 4 fans to the 4 cables?

The pin shown in the picture that's next to the molex connector is that 4-pin aswell? or it will not receive rpm from one of the other 4-pin cables.

Sorry, so hard to explain what im trying to say.

Yes that would be correct, the 4 pin beside the molex takes the signal from the AIO to send the PWM signal, as long as it's connected to the first fan output from the AIO. The reason being it has all 4 pins mainly the RPM and PWM which will get pass through to the splitter which will read one fan RPM ad has the other three follow. This will make it so all the fans run at the same speed as long as they are the same fan. 

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yes that would be correct, the 4 pin beside the molex takes the signal from the AIO to send the PWM signal, as long as it's connected to the first fan output from the AIO. The reason being it has all 4 pins mainly the RPM and PWM which will get pass through to the splitter which will read one fan RPM ad has the other three follow. This will make it so all the fans run at the same speed as long as they are the same fan. 

So basically you can say there are 2 connection in the cable unit you linked me that have 4-pin connections.  1 of the 4-pin connection is one that you would typically connect to a fan header and the other is a 4-pin which is connected to one 4-pin fan whcih would be the main rpm controlling fan and the other 3 would follow?

Am i correct?

Just wanted to understand this fully.

So i would take the one which you would typically plug into a motherboards fan header but plug that into the aio fan output cable & then connect the 4 fans to the 4 other cables, which would basically leave one aio fan output alone without any fans in it basically speaking?

7 minutes ago, rasesh said:

So basically you can say there are 2 connection in the cable unit you linked me that have 4-pin connections.  1 of the 4-pin connection is one that you would typically connect to a fan header and the other is a 4-pin which is connected to one 4-pin fan whcih would be the main rpm controlling fan and the other 3 would follow?

Am i correct?

Just wanted to understand this fully.

So i would take the one which you would typically plug into a motherboards fan header but plug that into the aio fan output cable & then connect the 4 fans to the 4 other cables, which would basically leave one aio fan output alone without any fans in it basically speaking?

This diagram will probably help, the AIO has 4 wires where if we use the splitter it only passes through the RPM and PWM and the molex takes care of the 12V power and Grd. On the splitter itself one header will have 4 wires with an RPM which is the main fan, the other three will only have 3 wires and follow the first fan via the PWM signal.  

post-4038-0-63284100-1436937900.jpg

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

This diagram will probably help, the AIO has 4 wires where if we use the splitter it only passes through the RPM and PWM and the molex takes care of the 12V power and Grd. On the splitter itself one header will have 4 wires with an RPM which is the main fan, the other three will only have 3 wires and follow the first fan via the PWM signal.  

post-4038-0-63284100-1436937900.jpg

Thank-you SO MUCH!