Asus 670 DC II vs. MSI 760 Hawk

vladecrni

Help me guys, which one would you buy and why ? I need it for 1080p gaming 

670 is used, has warranty for 2 more years and it is 10 euros cheaper than the brand new Hawk in store.
I don't want to mess with the overclock much, so I'm also interested in out of the box performance comparation 

My 5000€ dream machine
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qzFFLD

760 becuase it OCs automatically. and newer card.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

The 670 would perform better, though you might want to look into a 7970, it performs better than both of then and you can get one for like under 300$ now.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

760 is in most cases the way to go, newer card, complete warranty,  GPU boost 2.0 etc etc 

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

The 670 would perform better, though you might want to look into a 7970, it performs better than both of then and you can get one for like under 300$ now.

Just a thing, it's not often useful to put down prices for things, because often only in the US can you get hardware at such prices. In other countries where import tax costs a fortune, your prices mean nothing to them. I couldn't get a 7970 under even $350 if I tried, and I'm in Australia. People continue posting "get this for under $300" and it's only on NCIX or Newegg or other North American sites. These prices are inaccesible for quite a large portion of the forum community.

Just a thought.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Just a thing, it's not often useful to put down prices for things, because often only in the US can you get hardware at such prices. In other countries where import tax costs a fortune, your prices mean nothing to them. I couldn't get a 7970 under even $350 if I tried, and I'm in Australia. People continue posting "get this for under $300" and it's only on NCIX or Newegg or other North American sites. These prices are inaccesible for quite a large portion of the forum community.

Just a thought.

That's true, same goes for here, I can't get one for under 400$ :D

Though prices are consistently higher everywhere, so if he can afford a 670 or a 760 from wherever he's buying, he can probably also afford a 7970. 

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

That's true, same goes for here, I can't get one for under 400$ :D

Though prices are consistently higher everywhere, so if he can afford a 670 or a 760 from wherever he's buying, he can probably also afford a 7970. 

Oh I've seen non-reference 680 prices drop lower than reference 7970s in Australia. It's really variable. I find it's just best to give a person an Nvidia or AMD suggestion, and tell them to go with what's best for them ^_^

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Between those two cards I'd go with the MSI N760 Hawk http://amzn.to/1fWDsW8 The performance is comparable and it's a brand new vs. used card. Plus it's cheaper. If you're open to AMD cards the HD 7970 http://amzn.to/17OYLI6 is a better option than either of those and at the same price point if not a bit cheaper.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans

Thanks everyone, unfortunately that used 670 was sold in the meantime, but I expect another one to show up soon in the market part of my local tech forum for sale. 

For that reason I asked what is the difference in performance and features between used Asus 670 (non OC) and new 760 MSI Hawk (which is off the shelf heavily OC-ed and the best 760 on the market as far as I know) , and what would you decide if you have to choose between those two if they were similarly priced ? So far all voices are in favor of 760, which is a bit surprising for me, but I was thinking likewise so excellent  :D 

From what i can tell from searching the net, they are similar in performance, though I can't find anywhere direct comparison of those two exact cards. Can anyone confirm that ?

I'm not particularly interested in overclocking manually, that is the reason why I ask for your opinion for out of the box cards 

As far as AMD goes, I believe I have read 7950 is weaker then either of previous two, and new 7970 is 50 € more than I'm willing to give ( which is around 240 € ) . Used ones are not an option, since I'm afraid that some of them were used previously for bitcoin mining . 

My 5000€ dream machine
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qzFFLD