Skylake Realbench result. my score high or low?

well. yea! my title kinda says it all. Just recently purchased a few pieces of new equippment. Yes! AMD went down the drain this time and probably forever.
Anyway! been browsing YT for a couple of hours. and as allways Im ending up with Linustechtips vids. :) thanks for awesome videos and reviews.
Decided to try the Realbench benchmarking software. Ticked all the boxes, ran a 1/1 benchmark run. Got alittle dissapointed that I can only upload and compare scores if I have a
Asus Motherboard. but anyway.

Added Image for results and spec.
Is this score low or high?

Currently running my CPU @ 4.5GHz with a Voltage of 1.345V (Noctua NH-D15 CPU Fan)
GPU are running at @ 1.4GHz with a overvoltage of 0.0500V (Gigabyte G1 Gaming 970 GTX)
3000 MHz DDR4, CL 15 RAM's (XML on)
MSI Z170A Gaming PRO Motherboard.
Samsung 850 Pro 2.5" Sata SSD. (Rapid mode on)
something something 650W gold PSU. (can't bother to open up and check)

Realbench.jpg

Edited by skjelfjord84

That's honestly the worst score I've ever seen...

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

And that's because I've never seen any other realbench scores.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

That's honestly the worst score I've ever seen.

:'(

Just now, skjelfjord84 said:

:'(

Lol, did you miss my second post?

I hit realbench about 154k with i7 6700K@4.8GHz with my R9 390.

Without OC I'm about 148k or something like that, so yea, it's a normal score you're getting

CPU: Intel i7-6700K I MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha I RAM: 2x G.SkillRipJaws V 16Gb (F4-3200C16D-16GVK) I GPU: CrossFireX 2x Asus Strix R9 390 8Gb OC DCIII I CPU cooling: Corsair H110i GTX I PSU: Corsair RM1000i I CASE: Corsair Obsidian 750D + High Airflow Intake kit I SSD: Samsung EVO 840 120Gb + SSD Samsung EVO 850 1Tb I HDD: Seagate 2Tb ST2000DM001 + Toshiba 2Tb DT01ACA200 + WesternDigital 320Gb WDC WD3200AAJS

Just now, TidaLWaveZ said:

Lol, did you miss my second post?

run it. lets compare

and I saw it. :D

CPU: Intel i7-6700K I MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha I RAM: 2x G.SkillRipJaws V 16Gb (F4-3200C16D-16GVK) I GPU: CrossFireX 2x Asus Strix R9 390 8Gb OC DCIII I CPU cooling: Corsair H110i GTX I PSU: Corsair RM1000i I CASE: Corsair Obsidian 750D + High Airflow Intake kit I SSD: Samsung EVO 840 120Gb + SSD Samsung EVO 850 1Tb I HDD: Seagate 2Tb ST2000DM001 + Toshiba 2Tb DT01ACA200 + WesternDigital 320Gb WDC WD3200AAJS

Just now, skjelfjord84 said:

run it. lets compare

and I saw it. :D

I'm at work now but I'll do it and post when I get home later.

I got it to 4.9Ghz for 10min, but stress test on aida sent an error, so i gotta play a little with the voltages when I come back home to find the right mix to keep it stable...

7 hours ago, Trioxide said:

I got it to 4.9Ghz for 10min, but stress test on aida sent an error, so i gotta play a little with the voltages when I come back home to find the right mix to keep it stable...

Nice! haven't ran AIDA yet! maybe should! when it comes to voltages, Im a little wuz. don't want to fry my CPU with too much V. I had it @ 1.325 first, but CPU kept crashing during benchmark. @ 1.345 it managed to complete the benchmark. maybe I should try at 1.350 or 1.355
Whats your Voltages on your 3.8Ghz and 3.9GHz setups?

Although, as you can see. my GPU are lowing my score quite alot. I think a 980 Ti would really improve this score.

7 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I'm at work now but I'll do it and post when I get home later.

I'll be checking this thread tomorrow again. excited to see other results. although. tomorrow for me are in 2hrs 15mins. so! Im gonna have to shutdown soon,

well you can check my thread in which i was asking about high temps from my first OC to 4.8 - the board decided by itself, that the cpu should run at about 1.488V which skyrocketed temps into the 90C+ range.

The pictures in my thread (link below, check second page), shows my stress test on 1.36V @ 4.8GHz.

I got it as far down as 1.2XX (think it was 1.289V or 1.298V...) and still running stable @ 4.8GHz...

I'll be home in about 2-3 days (I'm currently abroad), so if I still remember, I'll post some pics then, or just remind me about it :P

Link:

you can also compare your realbench results with others on here:

http://rog.asus.com/rog-pro/realbench-v2-leaderboard/?Laptop=all&CPU=all&gpu=all&Core=all&view=2

(click on the score for more details)

bench2.png

Don't take this as real comparison as it's Haswell-e and not skylake. Also you had me beat before I manually overclocked instead of using the easy tuner.

I have put my 6600K score for you too look at in below. I would have deffo thought you would have been streets ahead of me. Well at least more than you are especially as that CPU cost about £100 more standard before you start overclocking it.

BenchMark.jpg

7 hours ago, Trioxide said:

I hit realbench about 154k with i7 6700K@4.8GHz with my R9 390.

Without OC I'm about 148k or something like that, so yea, it's a normal score you're getting

Hey what voltage are you using for the 4.8 and how did you validate it? I'm OC'ing my 6700k and still have an opportunity to get a different chip and I wanted to know how mine was doing. Its at hour 8 in Aida 64 at 4.7ghz and 1.36v at 60c.

On 2016-03-03 at 9:54 PM, Trioxide said:

well you can check my thread in which i was asking about high temps from my first OC to 4.8 - the board decided by itself, that the cpu should run at about 1.488V which skyrocketed temps into the 90C+ range.

The pictures in my thread (link below, check second page), shows my stress test on 1.36V @ 4.8GHz.

I got it as far down as 1.2XX (think it was 1.289V or 1.298V...) and still running stable @ 4.8GHz...

I'll be home in about 2-3 days (I'm currently abroad), so if I still remember, I'll post some pics then, or just remind me about it :P

Link:

you can also compare your realbench results with others on here:

http://rog.asus.com/rog-pro/realbench-v2-leaderboard/?Laptop=all&CPU=all&gpu=all&Core=all&view=2

(click on the score for more details)

it was nice to compare. ty for the link. although. Im far far away from the top OC'ers on on that list. im on page 17. with 20 results on each  page. times 17 makes me on at least top  350  which im quite satisfied with.

Im sure that i can push my Volt and GHz alittle more. the question is. now much will it damage me CPU? since I just upgraded my system to the 6.7k skylake. I don't really feel to buy a new CPU right away due to too high OC and Voltage.

According to what I heard. A CPU temp below 80 is ok. below 70 is awesome. I will change my Noctua NH-D15 fan air cooler to a custom loop water cooler eventually. or atleast I will start with a 240-360 closed loop rad system.

Please get back to me to this forum with your system specs once you get home. I know I'm not running a Asus Maximum system. But I still think this MSI board got a decent chance.

/hit me back

18 hours ago, Hunter7263 said:

Hey what voltage are you using for the 4.8 and how did you validate it? I'm OC'ing my 6700k and still have an opportunity to get a different chip and I wanted to know how mine was doing. Its at hour 8 in Aida 64 at 4.7ghz and 1.36v at 60c.

im trying to reply at all posts on my thread. most of them are probably at no use at all to the average user. but! in my head! the 8 Hrs AIDA64 with 4.7GHz @ 60 °C seems pretty ok with me. thats atleast what I would satisfiy with.

Which bring me to a new question. What If I find a lets say a 1.4 Voltage CPU @ 4.7GHz speed. is it recommended to run the rig at these settings at all times? will I gain the CPU performance to compensate for the eventually lifespand loss of the CPU?
buy tweaking the CPU from 4.0 to 4.7. Always wondered! I Gain a few DPS in graphics. I don't do much of enconding or any other CPU required actions like video rendering, video decoding or even any form of file extraction.

So for me! as the average gamer. is it worth it to push it? currently @ 4.5 GHz and 1.345V stable. should I even attempt top go higher?

23 hours ago, danrey84 said:

I have put my 6600K score for you too look at in below. I would have deffo thought you would have been streets ahead of me. Well at least more than you are especially as that CPU cost about £100 more standard before you start overclocking it.

BenchMark.jpg

I can see it's the same for you! Don't know what GPU architecture you are using. but either way. It's lowering your score. and quite alot as well.

Im thinking about postiing a new benchmark without GPU involved. atleast than I will get a more CPU based score. which is what I am acctually looking for.

23 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Don't take this as real comparison as it's Haswell-e and not skylake. Also you had me beat before I manually overclocked instead of using the easy tuner.

What I've learned over the years is that you don't use software to OC your system. Once someone told me! ( and I can't say if it's true or not! but it makes sense. You dont tune you car while driving. It has to be performered while standing still. and for me the same priciple goes with PC's. No OC'ing while the system is running. Am I gonna OC it. its all performed in UEFI BIOS before startup.

20 minutes ago, skjelfjord84 said:

im trying to reply at all posts on my thread. most of them are probably at no use at all to the average user. but! in my head! the 8 Hrs AIDA64 with 4.7GHz @ 60 °C seems pretty ok with me. thats atleast what I would satisfiy with.

Which bring me to a new question. What If I find a lets say a 1.4 Voltage CPU @ 4.7GHz speed. is it recommended to run the rig at these settings at all times? will I gain the CPU performance to compensate for the eventually lifespand loss of the CPU?
buy tweaking the CPU from 4.0 to 4.7. Always wondered! I Gain a few DPS in graphics. I don't do much of enconding or any other CPU required actions like video rendering, video decoding or even any form of file extraction.

So for me! as the average gamer. is it worth it to push it? currently @ 4.5 GHz and 1.345V stable. should I even attempt top go higher?

With C-states and variable voltage life span doesn't take nearly the hit it used to or at least so I'm told and it makes sense. Also did you do anything with llc? I just learned about it yesterday and I'm hoping to dial in a 4.7 OC at 1.34v now. I only push my OC because I feel like its fun and I have to cooler to play with it.

Here's my score for reference ( 3770k at 4.6ghz )

Also @skjelfjord84 I wouldn't go much higher than that. Are you using the bios or an OC utility . That seems high for 4.5ghz.

Was a pain to get realbench running. A test kept failing.

rogbest2.PNG.ab03deb943b43f95cbb48f300a5

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1 hour ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Here's my score for reference ( 3770k at 4.6ghz )

Also @skjelfjord84 I wouldn't go much higher than that. Are you using the bios or an OC utility . That seems high for 4.5ghz.

Was a pain to get realbench running. A test kept failing.

I noticed he was using a gaming pro which I believe is on par with a M3 so it may be par for the course. I know a couple of youtube tech channels compared the M5 and M7 from MSI and there was a noticeable difference in voltages due to the power phases on the board. The M3 as you could guess by the number is below both of those so it may be close. I know with voltage regulation being moved back out to the boards the boards will make a bigger difference now which is why I chose my M7.

4 hours ago, skjelfjord84 said:

What I've learned over the years is that you don't use software to OC your system. Once someone told me! ( and I can't say if it's true or not! but it makes sense. You dont tune you car while driving. It has to be performered while standing still. and for me the same priciple goes with PC's. No OC'ing while the system is running. Am I gonna OC it. its all performed in UEFI BIOS before startup.

The easy tuner is a part of UEFI on the Asus x99 deluxe, it's like an auto overclock option within the bios.  The thing about it is that its very conservative and only goes to 4ghz.

I  know what you mean about OC software though, I seriously messed up a q6600 and a 680i motherboard with it a while back. Now I won't even use afterburner or anything like it.

Sorry for the wait. Pictures of my OC and realbench score below:

The system:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha mobo

i7 6700k (stock 4.0, turbo 4.2 - manual OC @ 4.8/1.296V)

Asus Strix R9 390 8Gb OC DCIII (stock gpu:1050/vram:6000 - manual OC @ gpu: 1100/vram:7000 - this was the max I could OC my GPU with Asus GPUTweakII, it wont let me set higher frequencies...)

-> Or just look at the bottom of my post, my system is the signtaure :P

As you increase your CPU voltage, you increase the heat it generates. You're fairly safe OCing these newer CPU's, compared to the old ones.

If it hits high temps, it will start to "throttle" - work slower to lower the heat in a worst case scenario, if you'd actually manage to overheat the chip, your system would shut down.

You'd reboot after a few minutes and would be ok to go again (not that it is recommended doing his, but still, no greater harm should come from it).

I validate my OC like this:

- run cinebench

- run realbench

- run 3dmark (the complete package from the free version takes ~30min)

- run Aida64 stress test (CPU,FPU,cache,system memory & GPU->only if OCed)

If the first 3 tests pass, there's is a 99% chance Aida will not fail in my experience (and from what I've seen it usually fails in the first 20-30min, I never saw a pass that would fail after like 4hrs or 6h25min...).

You should run Aida for 24hrs just to be on the safe side, but if it ran for 8hrs without problems, then I'm pretty sure you're fine.

ALWAYS OC in the BIOS. The utilities that come for "on the fly" OC, directly from windows, are in my experience crap and unstable.

I personally hate them + you can get more out of your OC from the bios.

Realbench.jpg

Clock.JPG

Voltage.JPG