Hi,

I told myself id post this sooner, but i never got to it until now, so *deep breath in* here we go

I have a Z97 Deluxe asus mobo, i7 4790k, 16 gb of ram, GTX Titan Black, 128gb ssd, 1tb hd, EVGA 750 PSU and windows 7 home premium (and 3 monitors)

Last I used my mighty desktop (which was a long long time ago) it had stuttering issues for the sound and video it worked for a solid I believe 2 months before this issue cropped up, I found messing with the bios helped temporarily get rid of the stuttering issue, however the more I used the PC the more I got the stuttering issue, so eventually I just left it to collect dust, now 2 years later I would really like to revive it! 

Captureno3 (1).jpg

Captureno3.jpg

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

image4.JPG

image5.JPG

image6.JPG

image7.JPG

image8.JPG

image9.JPG

Well i cant really think of any specific issue it could be.

First thing try reinstalling drivers,if that doesn't work maybe a complete reinstall.

Other than that I'm not sure really.Does it stutter in anything or just in games?

1 hour ago, Dark_Fuzzy said:

Well i cant really think of any specific issue it could be.

First thing try reinstalling drivers,if that doesn't work maybe a complete reinstall.

Other than that I'm not sure really.Does it stutter in anything or just in games?

Thanks for the reply!!

I've tried driver reinstall, a complete reinstall, using a different harddrive, using different power outlets in my house, take apart the pc, put it together, I even got it checked out by memoryexpress and they couldn't find the issue.

:/

Running with a stock cooler it could be a heat issue.

Have you put the gpu in the top slot? Im just throwing things out there at this point.

Just now, Dark_Fuzzy said:

Running with a stock cooler it could be a heat issue.

Have you put the gpu in the top slot? Im just throwing things out there at this point.

Heat is fine, its running really cool, currently I  have 5 fans running, even from cold start it has this issue.  Yea I put it in the top slot.

Just now, Dark_Fuzzy said:

Tried running it with the integrated gpu?

yep..

Tried updating the bios?

If you have access to other hardware just start swapping things out until it works. I'd try ram and mobo first.

• 1 month later...

I swapped out the CPU and the Motherboard... and i still have the same problem ..... :(.... at this point the only plaussible thing thats broken is the PSU 

Would pretty much have to be. If all else fails check to make sure the standoffs are in right(don't know if it could cause that but might as well) but with a new board it is almost certainly the psu. Could be that it doesn't have quite enough wattage but it should be fine. If its still in warranty(it should be) rma it.

Bit off an odd question but how much space is left on your C: Drive?

Also could you try and make a Linux live CD (Ubuntu, Manjaro) and check if you still have stuttering issues?

CPU: Intel i5-3470

GPU: MSI GTX 780