OMG DUST!!!!!

Durzo_Blint99

help my case seems to collect dust on the window panel no mater what its seems its related to static electricity is there a way to prevent this from happening and if not slow it down so i don't have to clean it everyday?

1 minute ago, Durzo_Blint99 said:

help my case seems to collect dust on the window panel no mater what its seems its related to static electricity is there a way to prevent this from happening and if not slow it down so i don't have to clean it everyday?

have a fan like a desk fan blow on it xD

"Television brainwashing the youth"

"Politicians won't tell us the truth"

First clean your case very well then try putting dust filters in front of fans to prevent dust from getting into the case. 

System 1:

CPU: FX - 8320E | MOBO: MSI 970 Gaming | RAM: Patriot Viper 16GB 1866MHz | 

GPU: Radeon RX480 8GB | Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 480GB SSD | PSU: Corsair CX750 |

Cooler: Enermax ETS - N30 II

System 2:

CPU: A4 - 7300| MOBO: MSI A68HM Grenade | RAM: Patriot 4GB 1600MHz | 

GPU: Integrated Motherboard Graphics | Storage: Seagate 500GB Desktop | PSU: Thermaltake TR2 600W |

Cooler: Enermax ETS - N31

1 minute ago, Durzo_Blint99 said:

How bad does it get in a day? No PC is ever very clean in pictures unless it's brand new or has just been cleaned. Cameras often don't pick up a lot of the dust (unless it's a lot) unless it's really close. Your eyes are able to be much more critical to the cleanliness of your rig.

ASU

Use water when you clean it. The water reduces the amount of static each time. Of course you are going to build it up when you wipe it, so minimize the wiping action. Try to get it dry in one or two swipes.

Just now, Hackentosher said:

How bad does it get in a day? No PC is ever very clean in pictures unless it's brand new or has just been cleaned. Cameras often don't pick up a lot of the dust (unless it's a lot) unless it's really close. Your eyes are able to be much more critical to the cleanliness of your rig.

only enough that it bugs me because i can see it starting to collect on it i was just wondering if they make something to spray on it that dosnt let dust collect on it but thats probably wishful thinking.

2 minutes ago, Durzo_Blint99 said:

only enough that it bugs me because i can see it starting to collect on it i was just wondering if they make something to spray on it that dosnt let dust collect on it but thats probably wishful thinking.

Tis. Suck it up, bro. Or you could remove the window material and just have it open.

ASU

What's your fan setup? If you have more exhaust than intake fans in your case then that's creating negative pressure, which is pulling outside air, along with floating dust and grime, into your case constantly. If so, consider adding intake or removing exhaust fans.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

i really thought this was going to be about csgo 

slow down your fans or take some out to reduce airflow. you really only need one intake and one exhaust on a typical setup. the more air the moves through the more dust does too.

14 hours ago, Durzo_Blint99 said:

If you think static is part of the problem, you can take some anti-static spray (can usually find it in the cleaning or laundry section of the store), spray it onto a cloth or soft paper towel, and clean the window with that. It'll reduce dust build-up some by not giving it a means to accelerate accumulation, but there's no way to completely stop dust buildup.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

i'd try using some of those anti-static window/surface cleaners.

EDIT as mentioned above

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)