Superwide monitors

It really depends on what you play.  Sure it'll be amazing for immersion, but some games play wonky with 21:9 or just flat out don't work.  Each game is different so I'd do my research before buying an ultrawide.

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

Just now, Aruxx said:

It really depends on what you play.  Sure it'll be amazing for immersion, but some games play wonky with 21:9 or just flat out don't work.  Each game is different so I'd do my research before buying an ultrawide.

I mostly play first person shooters and open world games (like the witcher). Should they work or does it just depend on the game?

Just now, Sham_gabz said:

I mostly play first person shooters and open world games (like the witcher). Should they work or does it just depend on the game?

It really depends on the game.  From what I know (from my own research) Bethesda games don't like to play well with 21:9, but I'm not sure about anything else.

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

Just now, Aruxx said:

It really depends on the game.  From what I know (from my own research) Bethesda games don't like to play well with 21:9, but I'm not sure about anything else.

Thx ;) 

I also am thinking of getting a 21:9 wide monitor (because I like wideness).

It's all about what are you going to play on it. Not all games support such resolutions properly to at all.

Dig around and you can make a conclusion.

Just now, ModuleLFS said:

I also am thinking of getting a 21:9 wide monitor (because I like wideness).

It's all about what are you going to play on it. Not all games support such resolutions properly to at all.

Dig around and you can make a conclusion.

Well if a game doesn't support this type of resolution can I still play it somehow?

Basically if it supports 16:9 you will have black strips on each side of the monitor in full screen, if you turn your light off and the monitor is black its not that bad...

3 minutes ago, Sham_gabz said:

Well if a game doesn't support this type of resolution can I still play it somehow?

You can choose a resolution thats close to your native and force wide image size from the monitor's settings.

1 minute ago, ModuleLFS said:

You can choose a resolution thats close to your native and force wide image size from the monitor's settings.

1 minute ago, Matty2hatty said:

Basically if it supports 16:9 you will have black strips on each side of the monitor in full screen, if you turn your light off and the monitor is black its not that bad...

Thx ;) 

Just now, Matty2hatty said:

It looks like this:

q2963Pm-Futurama-centre.jpg.c4c7e69af1a2

Would you recommend getting a superwide monitor or just sticking to a flat 4K monitor? (I was trying to find a curved 4K monitor on the market or maybe one coming out but with no luck so if you know some company who is in the process of building a product like this plz inform me)

Just now, Sham_gabz said:

Would you recommend getting a superwide monitor or just sticking to a flat 4K monitor? (I was trying to find a curved 4K monitor on the market or maybe one coming out but with no luck so if you know some company who is in the process of building a product like this plz inform me)

I would personally get flat 4k

Just now, Matty2hatty said:

Thx for the help :) 

Do you know any flat 4K monitors that have very small edges like the asus PG348Q 34

4 minutes ago, Sham_gabz said:

No it's called the PG348Q 34

1-PG34-front-view.jpg

I was suggesting a monitor… Paste it into search and see if you like?

I was suggesting a monitor… Paste it into search and see if you like?

Oh sorry. My stupide mistake.

6 hours ago, Sham_gabz said:

The Witcher 3 supports 3440x1440

So does Tomb Raider (2013)

Generally, any recent AAA quality game should support 21:9 aspect ratio.

Next problem should be GPU. You need above "good" GPU to drive newest game at 3440x1440.

Like for this time, GTX980 should be minimum requirement to play the game at 60fps at that resolution.