Ie80 problems

alanz25

so I've recently came on to a problem with my ie 80s, the left earbud suddenly became very, very, very, very quiet to a degree if you don't take the other earbud off and turn the volume to max, you cant even hear it. I've tried switching cables and flipping the left right calbe to see if that solved the problem, nothing. now normaly i would go on to warranty, but due to the fact that I've used third party cables with the ie 80, im afraid of sennheiser voiding my waranty. what should i do? thanks in advance

Cpu: i5 4690k @ 4.3ghz

Gpu: Asus GTX 970 Strix 

Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB

Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5

Psu: EVGA Supernova 750W G2

Case: NZXT Noctis 450

16 minutes ago, alanz25 said:

so I've recently came on to a problem with my ie 80s, the left earbud suddenly became very, very, very, very quiet to a degree if you don't take the other earbud off and turn the volume to max, you cant even hear it. I've tried switching cables and flipping the left right calbe to see if that solved the problem, nothing. now normaly i would go on to warranty, but due to the fact that I've used third party cables with the ie 80, im afraid of sennheiser voiding my waranty. what should i do? thanks in advance

Can you swap the cables back and then RMA? I doubt Sennheiser can tell if you've used other cables.

Primary Build: i7-4790 · 16GB Hynix DDR3-1600 · Sapphire Tri-X R9 390x · NZXT S340 · Win10 Pro · Seagate Barracuda 1TB T_T

Portable: 2015 Retina Macbook Pro 13" · i5-5257u · 512GB PCIe SSD · Intel Iris 6100 T_T

If my post helped you, please rate it!

7 minutes ago, sushisharkjl said:

Can you swap the cables back and then RMA? I doubt Sennheiser can tell if you've used other cables.

un fortunate problem, the original cable got its l jack bent off. the second cable i got from Sennheiser (god bless their souls)  was also bent. so now im suing cheap cables i got off amazon.

though i would like to add that the bent cables was fine i tested with it.i just dont know how im supposed to explain it without getting my warranty removed if i do use the second oem cable i got

Just now, alanz25 said:

un fortunate problem, the original cable got its l jack bent off. the second cable i got from Sennheiser (god bless their souls)  was also bent. so now im suing cheap cables i got off amazon.

RIP - can you send the bent cable back and say that's another part of the issue?

Primary Build: i7-4790 · 16GB Hynix DDR3-1600 · Sapphire Tri-X R9 390x · NZXT S340 · Win10 Pro · Seagate Barracuda 1TB T_T

Portable: 2015 Retina Macbook Pro 13" · i5-5257u · 512GB PCIe SSD · Intel Iris 6100 T_T

1 minute ago, sushisharkjl said:

RIP - can you send the bent cable back and say that's another part of the issue?

would this be suicide though? i was lucky the last guy was kind enough to give me another cable. how do i explain i bent 2 cables and now one side of the headphones broke. wouldn't this be pushing my luck?

1 minute ago, alanz25 said:

would this be suicide though? i was lucky the last guy was kind enough to give me another cable. how do i explain i bent 2 cables and now one side of the headphones broke. wouldn't this be pushing my luck?

Hm. Do they keep an RMA record?

3 minutes ago, sushisharkjl said:

Hm. Do they keep an RMA record?

hmm, now that i think of it. might as well yolo it. il write up the email. god help me that they will replace my ie 80s