Will I see stutter?

Will I see stutter if I get a fx 6300 and a r9 380 4g? If yes then should I just stay with the core i5 4460?

i5-4460 sure is a better choice, but FX-6300 + R9 380 isn't a bad choice either, I mean in terms of performance, whether it's worth to buy it that's a different story. Depends on the budget.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

You should keep the i5 as it's a lot better for gaming AND editing. And get a R9 390 if you can.

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

Just now, xDanielxOossiex said:

You should keep the i5 as it's a lot better for gaming AND editing. And get a R9 390 if you can.

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

i5-4460 is sure a better choice, but FX-6300 + R9 380 isn't a bad choice either. Depends on the budget.

My budget is around 650-700 and i'm keeping it more toward 650. its already at 658 http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KRNcdC . I will be editing and playing games.

I highly recommend you get a better PSU fairly soon btw.

As for the build, I'd get a full-atx motherboard with 4 ram slots and 2x4GB RAM kit along with it, also throwing in a cheap 120GB SSD is mandatory if you want to have a better experience with your PC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

I highly recommend you get a better PSU fairly soon btw.

As for the build, I'd get a full-atx motherboard with 4 ram slots and 2x4GB RAM kit along with it, also throwing in a cheap 120GB SSD is mandatory if you want to have a better experience with your PC

Will the card be too much for the psu? This is my first build so I am taking all tips in mind.

Just now, JGamingToo said:

Will the card be too much for the psu? This is my first build so I am taking all tips in mind.

Do you already have the PSU?

It should work, but it's not a particularly good unit. You can get a much better one for not much more money

1 minute ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Do you already have the PSU?

It should work, but it's not a particularly good unit. You can get a much better one for not much more money

Yes I already bought the psu. I know im picking here but what makes it bad? I thought it was good since its evga

Stay with the i5. The FX 6300 is junk. It's an outdated platform that won't last you as long. (you will want to upgrade, sooner.)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I5 any day of the week.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

2 minutes ago, JGamingToo said:

Yes I already bought the psu. I know im picking here but what makes it bad? I thought it was good since its evga

EVGA has great PSUs in their offer, the 'B' line isn't particularly good though. It's just not fit for powering high-end cards

2 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

EVGA has great PSUs in their offer, the 'B' line isn't particularly good though. It's just not fit for powering high-end cards

I might have the wrong one up on there. Dosent the b line have like brown letters? Mine has siler letters. I might be wrong tho

I might have the wrong one up on there. Dosent the b line have like brown letters? Mine has siler letters. I might be wrong tho

EVGA B2/G2/GQ/GS are good from those mid-ranged ones. If you have one of these, then you're golden :P

5 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

EVGA B2/G2/GQ/GS are good from those mid-ranged ones. If you have one of these, then you're golden :P

Ok thank you. Also is 8gb of ram on one stick fine? Because there is one tht has two sticks

Ok thank you. Also is 8gb of ram on one stick fine? Because there is one tht has two sticks

If your motherboard only has two RAM slots, you should get 1x8GB, if it has four RAM slots then get 2x4GB so it works in dual-channel

If your motherboard only has two RAM slots, you should get 1x8GB, if it has four RAM slots then get 2x4GB so it works in dual-channel

Ok. If i bought a one stick model already could i get another and run it in dual channel?

Ok. If i bought a one stick model already could i get another and run it in dual channel?

Yes, it should work in dual channel if it was the same stick or one that's very similar in terms of specs, but it is not 100% guaranteed, only the kits you buy together are 100% guaranteed to work like that

Yes, it should work in dual channel if it was the same stick or one that's very similar in terms of specs, but it is not 100% guaranteed, only the kits you buy together are 100% guaranteed to work like that

Ok. Is the sapphire r9 380 4g card ok? There isnt any catches or anything? Besides the 2x6 power

1 minute ago, JGamingToo said:

Ok. Is the sapphire r9 380 4g card ok? There isnt any catches or anything? Besides the 2x6 power

From R9 380's, Sapphire and MSI models are the best, so just choose the one you like more because both are excellent

From R9 380's, Sapphire and MSI models are the best, so just choose the one you like more because both are excellent

Ok thank you

A second hand set (<60% of the price in stores) consisting of an AMD processor, mobo+cpucooler+memory when you are on a tight budget, is not a bad choice. Everybody is ditching these and rightly so if you have alot of money lying around.

Just now, diapersarefullofshit said:

A second hand set (<60% of the price in stores) consisting of an AMD processor, mobo+cpu+cooler+memory when you are on a tight budget, is not a bad choice at all. Everybody is ditching these and rightly so if you have alot of money lying around.

Ok

• 1 month later...
On 28.2.2016 at 2:55 PM, JGamingToo said:

Ok

How did it went? Do you experience any stutter when gaming?