H100i AiO & Mobo Heatsink Clearance

Looking for some insight on rearranging my Corsair H100i into a pull fan setup in a Silent Base 800. I'm putting it in the top and I originally had it in a push setup, but was killer to clean all the time.

I've rearranged everything right, but now my radiator is up against the top of my rear exhaust fan (be quiet! Pure Wings 2) and has about a 3mm (1/8 inch) gap from the top mobo heatsink. I can't adjust horizontally or vertically on how it has to be mounted.

I'm wondering if either of those should pose any future issues or is frowned upon. I highly doubt it, but I'm also fairly new to PC builds. Any help or input would be great... thanks!

IMG_20160228_223816205_TOP.jpg.01fcc4abf

CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS | Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4GD5OC

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB + Western Digital BLACK 2TB | PSU: Corsair AX860i | Case: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | OS: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) 

32 minutes ago, keleja said:

Looking for some insight on rearranging my Corsair H100i into a pull fan setup in a Silent Base 800. I'm putting it in the top and I originally had it in a push setup, but was killer to clean all the time.

I've rearranged everything right, but now my radiator is up against the top of my rear exhaust fan (be quiet! Pure Wings 2) and has about a 3mm (1/8 inch) gap from the top mobo heatsink. I can't adjust horizontally or vertically on how it has to be mounted.

I'm wondering if either of those should pose any future issues or is frowned upon. I highly doubt it, but I'm also fairly new to PC builds. Any help or input would be great... thanks!

That's not a problem if your having a lot of dust though make sure to have all your intakes filtered and a positive air pressure setup which will limit dust infiltration into the case. 

26 minutes ago, W-L said:

That's not a problem if your having a lot of dust though make sure to have all your intakes filtered and a positive air pressure setup which will limit dust infiltration into the case. 

Neither is a problem? thanks for the input! 

As far as positive air pressure, I will have to look into that a bit. Also, everything is filtered except the rear exhaust so im not sure why it was getting so much build up. I guess it has been about a year since thoroughly cleaning it so that is probably why...tearing it apart now since my PSU failed recently... sigh. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS | Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4GD5OC

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB + Western Digital BLACK 2TB | PSU: Corsair AX860i | Case: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | OS: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) 

4 minutes ago, keleja said:

Neither is a problem? thanks for the input! 

As far as positive air pressure, I will have to look into that a bit. Also, everything is filtered except the rear exhaust so im not sure why it was getting so much build up. I guess it has been about a year since thoroughly cleaning it so that is probably why...tearing it apart now since my PSU failed recently... sigh. 

Just try to make sure you ahve more intake volume (CFM) in than out that tends to keep it down pretty well, and clearance wise nope it's not a problem.