Hello,

I am looking for a liquid cooler for my CPU (i7 4970k). I found one that I think it is perfect for me (Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT)(Link Below)

Would you recommend this cooler ? Or do you think there is better choice for me ? Will it fit into my case (More Info Below) ?

INFO:

• Must be single 120mm.
  • I will be overclocking my CPU.
  • Up to 100$.
  • I will be mounting it at the rear of my case (Corsair 400c)

Link - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SV7IIDU/ref=twister_B0128CE0JE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 minute ago, DeathStalkerPC said:

-SNIP-

I would recommend a dual 120 or 140mm cooler, you can see a huge improvement in temps especially if you plan to overclock using a dual sized rad.  The H100i GTX is a good option and can still fir within the 400C.

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

I would recommend a dual 120 or 140mm cooler, you can see a huge improvement in temps especially if you plan to overclock using a dual sized rad.  The H100i GTX is a good option and can still fir within the 400C.

I was thinking about that however, I was't sure if dual 120 will fit at the top of my case (400c). I need the front of the case clear for AIO 980ti hybrid 2-way SLI radiators.

Will it fit on the top of the case ?

4 minutes ago, DeathStalkerPC said:

I was thinking about that however, I was't sure if dual 120 will fit at the top of my case (400c). I need the front of the case clear for AIO 980ti hybrid 2-way SLI radiators.

Will it fit on the top of the case ?

Having it top mounted shouldn't be an issue the mounting points are heavily offset for the dual 120mm setups the one I would worry about is potentially dual 140mm where it can potentially impact tall RAM or motherboard heatsinks.

Corsair-Carbide-400C-top-fan-mounts.jpg

Thread moved to Liquid and Exotic Cooling.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

9 minutes ago, W-L said:

Having it top mounted shouldn't be an issue the mounting points are heavily offset for the dual 120mm setups the one I would worry about is potentially dual 140mm where it can potentially impact tall RAM or motherboard heatsinks.

Corsair-Carbide-400C-top-fan-mounts.jpg

So dual 120mm (240mm) is fine ?

3 minutes ago, DeathStalkerPC said:

So dual 120mm (240mm) is fine ?

Yes it shouldn't have a problem doing a quick mock up or test is a good idea to ensure RAM and everything clears but looking at the mounting points I can't see it being an issue. 

Just now, W-L said:

Yes it shouldn't have a problem doing a quick mock up or test is a good idea to ensure RAM and everything clears but looking at the mounting points I can't see it being an issue. 

Thank you, have a great day.