Final form of my next 3000$ rig

Go to solution Solved by sushisharkjl,
11 minutes ago, Loleo said:

While I understand what you said I currently do not have the money for two 980 ti's. So two r9 nano's vs one 980 ti would mean the nanos would outperform.  And to be perfectly honest I don't think I would actually need more than two r9 nanos but if I would want to maximize my brag rights it would be dropping another nano in.

I feel as if you might be better off using dual Fury X's which will give you better performance for the same approximate price as three R9 Nano's.

Nearly typed Nando's there.

Hello LTT forum!

After an extensive amount of web browsing for info, components and retailers. I (think atleast) have my final form for my new PC. If you have any tips, opinions or criticism weather it's positive or negative towards my parts feel free to say so but please state why.  Here it is http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/lelo08/saved/6QJJ7P . (Also a quick apology for my broken English :/)

I will use this build for general computing but mostly heavy gaming and little recording.  The price of the build here in Sweden would actually be more closer to 3 300 dollar with shipping (from Swedish retailers).

Time for some explanation! I chose the 240mm rad version of the h100i GTX simply because that will fit on top for the M1.0 case, it won't impact cooling much and it also slightly cheaper. As for the two sapphire radeon r9 nanos they recently went down in price quite a lot and they certainly do pack quite the punch. And maybe in the future when I have money for it i can set up a third nano. I like the aesthetics of it except for the little red detail that clashes against my build theme (maybe paint it?).  As for the MOBO and the CPU it's quite easily explained with the compatibility of 2 or three GPU's.  ''The main difference between the 5930K and the Core i7-5820K used in our $2,500 Build comes down to PCIe lanes. The 5930K enables 40 lanes (x16, x16, x8), versus the 28 lanes (x16, x8, x4) provided by the 5820K. For one video card, that doesn't matter, but if you want the option to run multiple ultra-high-end cards, it definitely does.'' -TBG website. As for the question: Why don't you just run a custom water loop? I am not nearly enough experienced to do a custom loop nor wanting the higher risk of leaking.  

So please say what you think about the rig and I will probably order all of the components in about two weeks from now. :D

Or for your convenience here is the Pcpartpickers  http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/lelo08/saved/6QJJ7P

Edit: Instead of the two r9 nano I will instead go with two Sapphire radeon r9 fury x. Thanks for all the help guys!

That's not how you use a PcPasrtPicker link.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Nice case!

Just now, NinjaJc01 said:

That's not how you use a PcPasrtPicker link.

Well It kinda is now that I did it. Wasn't sure how it would turn out when I posted it since it looked different (smaller) before. Any opinions about the build tho?

1 minute ago, D14RAP said:

Nice case!

Thanks, you have to build it yourself but it took quite some time to decide if I would want it. 

2 minutes ago, Loleo said:

Well It kinda is now that I did it. Wasn't sure how it would turn out when I posted it since it looked different (smaller) before. Any opinions about the build tho?

EDIT: Seen the link. That's a nice build, but why the Nano's?

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Just now, NinjaJc01 said:

Can I have a full list? and use the PCPartpicker permanent link, that would help.

its up the top br0

My rig: r7 1700 @ 3.9/1.35v, 16gb ddr4 3200, assorted rando SSDs, hx 1050, vega 64 1650/1025

MY $75 BUILD https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/576889-the-75-build-log/#comment-7547280

You'll see a very minimal performance improvement going 3-way Crossfire over 2-way Crossfire, and it essentially becomes a waste of money if you're SLI'ing/Crossfiring more than two GPUs. My recommendation is to just SLI two 980Tis for maximum performance/value.

The i7 5820K is fine with two GPUs, and I've already reasoned above why more than two cards is unnecessary, meaning that i7 5930K will have no added benefit in comparison to the i7 5820K.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

9 minutes ago, NinjaJc01 said:

EDIT: Seen the link. That's a nice build, but why the Nano's?

Read my original post? o.O

11 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

You'll see a very minimal performance improvement going 3-way Crossfire over 2-way Crossfire, and it essentially becomes a waste of money if you're SLI'ing/Crossfiring more than two GPUs. My recommendation is to just SLI two 980Tis for maximum performance/value.

The i7 5820K is fine with two GPUs, and I've already reasoned above why more than two cards is unnecessary, meaning that i7 5930K will have no added benefit in comparison to the i7 5820K.

While I understand what you said I currently do not have the money for two 980 ti's. So two r9 nano's vs one 980 ti would mean the nanos would outperform.  And to be perfectly honest I don't think I would actually need more than two r9 nanos but if I would want to maximize my brag rights it would be dropping another nano in.

11 minutes ago, Loleo said:

I feel as if you might be better off using dual Fury X's which will give you better performance for the same approximate price as three R9 Nano's.

Primary Build: i7-4790 · 16GB Hynix DDR3-1600 · Sapphire Tri-X R9 390x · NZXT S340 · Win10 Pro · Seagate Barracuda 1TB T_T

Portable: 2015 Retina Macbook Pro 13" · i5-5257u · 512GB PCIe SSD · Intel Iris 6100 T_T

If my post helped you, please rate it!

13 minutes ago, sushisharkjl said:

But how much more will it improve over the dual r9 nanos. But it could be worth it since two nanos is about 1165,83 USD meanwhile the two fury x's will be about 1399,47 USD. That's 233,64 USD difference for how much performance? according to their website it's only the cooling and that the fury x has 50 mhz more clock speed than the nano.

Also hilarious.^^

20 minutes ago, sushisharkjl said:

3 minutes ago, Loleo said:

But how much more will it improve over the dual r9 nanos. But it could be worth it since two nanos is about 1165,83 USD meanwhile the two fury x's will be about 1399,47 USD. That's 233,64 USD difference for how much performance? according to their website it's only the cooling and that the fury x has 50 mhz more clock speed than the nano.

Also hilarious.^^

Higher bandwidth memory as well as next generation GCN architecture. Expect about 1.5x Nano performance per card.

Primary Build: i7-4790 · 16GB Hynix DDR3-1600 · Sapphire Tri-X R9 390x · NZXT S340 · Win10 Pro · Seagate Barracuda 1TB T_T

Portable: 2015 Retina Macbook Pro 13" · i5-5257u · 512GB PCIe SSD · Intel Iris 6100 T_T

1 minute ago, sushisharkjl said:

Higher bandwidth memory as well as next generation GCN architecture. Expect about 1.5x Nano performance per card.

Ok thanks and I will consider it!

Just now, Loleo said:

Ok thanks and I will consider it!

Oh and take into account the fact that without watercooling the R9 Nano's, they will definitely throttle quite a bit.