Can I legally run OSX on custom build?

Is there anyway to legally run OSX on a non Apple custom build?

ofc its legal.

You can do it with dual booting, find a osx iso, put it on an usb, stick it in etc etc. there are lots of guides on the internet

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

1 minute ago, rm -rf said:

OS X is free but I never read the TOS or License so. yeah. That probably wasn't helpful but still its free. You're not stealing anything really

Spoiler
Spoiler

Case Corsair Air 540 CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600 GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 iCX Motherboard Asus X370-F Memory G.Skill Flare X 16GB (2x8) 2400MHz Display Asus VG248QE Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512GB - Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD - 1TB Seagate Barracuda - 1TB WD Blue OS MS X Pro Peripherals Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire -  Razer DeathAdder 2013

Spoiler

Case 15.4" Mid 2012 MacBook Pro CPU Intel Core i7-3720QM GPU Nvidia GT650M Memory Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz Display 1680x1050 AntiGlare Display Storage 1TB 5400RPM or Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD OS OS X Yosemite (Maybe El Capitan?) - BootCamp MS X Pro Peripherals Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 -  Razer DeathAdder 2013 - Mionix Naos 7000 - Logitech K120 - Razer Tartarus Keypad

no it's not legal (it's against the apple osx terms of service)

but apple has never gone after anyone that i know of..

so dont expect the police to show up the next day and arrest you for building a hackintosh :)

and as @niccaa23 said, if you start selling hackintoshes and apple notices you making money off their product, then you're in trouble.

10 minutes ago, rm -rf said:

Running OS X on non Apple hardware isn't illegal(just against Apple's terms of service), but if you obtain the OS X copy illegally then its illegal(if you own a Mac and make the installation disk with it then not illegal, but if you download OS X from the interwebz then illegal).

Just now, QueenDemetria said:

Running OS X on non Apple hardware isn't illegal(just against Apple's terms of service), but if you obtain the OS X copy illegally then its illegal(if you own a Mac and make the installation disk with it then not illegal, but if you download OS X from the interwebz then illegal).

is going to the apple store with a usb stick and downloading osx there legal? xD

4 minutes ago, mikat said:

is going to the apple store with a usb stick and downloading osx there legal? xD

Most apple store employees I know don't really care what you do on their floor demos as long as you buy something when your there. So like buy a pair of ear buds and then DL away :)

My Rig: 2x Xeon x5690 @ 3.45Ghz 24GB DDR3 EEC RAM Asus STRIX GeForce GTX 970 SuperMicro X8DT3 Windows Server 2008 R2

Here's a little TL;DR of what you need to know about the GTX 970 and R9 390

R9 390 works better in VRAM-bound scenarios and compute bound scenarios and is best paired with higher end processors

GTX 970 works better in CPU-bound scenarios and tessellation bound scenarios and is best paired with lower end processors

5 minutes ago, mikat said:

i have a macbook air so i have no need to do that haha :)

When I use bae's Retina MacBook I use Bootcamp and Win 8.1, so I wouldn't need to do it either nor would I want to lol.

OS X and I don't get along very well :P