What can Quantum Computing do for gaming?

Hey guys, i have a question (for my assignment at school) What do you guys think quantum can do for gaming? 

Not a whole lot in its current state, but it could theoretically eliminate any cpu bottleneck we could imagine.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

As of now? Nothing at all. It's nearly impossible to optimize for and is primarily used and will be used for random, complicated calculations such as very specific weather predictions.

See Google's "D-Wave"

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

3 minutes ago, christianled59 said:

As of now? Nothing at all. It's nearly impossible to optimize for and is primarily used and will be used for random, complicated calculations such as very specific weather predictions.

And maybe to break encryption on peoples phones?

MSI Nightblade MI2

CPU: Intel i7 6700. Motherboard: MSI B060. RAM: 16GB HyperX Impact. GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 970. Case: Nightblade MI2. Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue, OCZ 120GB and 125GB M.2. PSU: Custom 350w Bronze. Display(s): BenQ 24" & 50" Samsung TV. Keyboard: Logitech G15. Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution. Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Great video.

Still really confusing how we observe one particle to reveal the state of another...

I think its possible that we can use quantum computing to calculate things like physics and rendering much faster than current gpu technology.

Quote me if you want me to reply.

Brand Blacklist: Gainward, Silverstone, Cougar, Gigabyte.

Don't expect a consumer-friendly version of quantum computing as we know it to be available to us peasants any time soon.

I don't think it's even worth the thought of speculation at this point. Only like 5 people in the world are even qualified to touch a quantum computer right now.

it helps you calculate the probability of having a bomb under that tile in minesweeper faster than any conventional computers :D 

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

34 minutes ago, Ruhel said:

And maybe to break encryption on peoples phones?

Yeah actually. Almost effortlessly. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Quantum computers are not designed or built for gaming so nothing, they have a very specific workload which is heavily invested in maths, so encryption and other complex problems.

Although the question does stand, Can it run crysis?

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

This is like asking what impact graphene will have on gaming.  Answer is fuck all, until someone discovers the use.

I'd love to see that motherboard, XDroidie626.

3xPCI slots

2X M.2 slots

USB 3x4

...etc... 

4 foot suspended refrigerator able of temps as low as -273C

included walk in closet..

Just a thought - what will hacking be like on counter strike with qubits? will hackers be able to be either there or here, or there and here at the same time?

The most direct use they could have in gaming is AI, but otherwise they aren't really useful for the kind of work games involve.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.