Networking NOob Guide

Luser

I'm starting to like networking and IT stuff in general and I saw this playlist which was pretty awesome, I do know that I've only touched the tip of the ice burg, but i wanted to know of any other sources(sites, books etc) where I can learn more of these stuff. I'm only 17 and and I want to be a freelancer in this field, I also do know that i need to mainly build a portfolio, but I'm asking How do I get started with this ?

PS: I do know how to use linux (a fair amount of linux), infact I use OpenSUSE and my main OS and I use windows only to play few games.

Eli is good, so is Danscourses on youtube. Although Danscourses is a bit heavy on configuration, as opposed to concept.

Comptia has some books that you can even get certified with, these are college type books though so they're pretty dry. I would check out Networking + 

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

Computer Networking by Andrew Tanenbaum is probably one of, if not, the best books out there to learn about networking. It's on the reading list of many universities, and for good reason. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

You NEED your certifications or it's going to be hard.  Top industry one's are CCNA and CCNP for Cisco proprietary stuff.  None Cisco certs are JNCIE-ENT, CompTIA Network+ (mentioned by Howlingwolf101), and WCNA.  Many large businesses use Cisco equipment only such as hospitals.  Do you plan to go to school in the future or not?

Get your CompTIA A+ (Which is pretty useless but employers demand it) and your CompTIA Network+ which is very useful, land a starting IT job and work your way up the ladder