Modem Question (Telling TWC to Shove It!)

Dukanater

Hey guys so im sick of my poop modem/wifi combo from Time Warner Cable and im looking to buy my own. now iv already found one i believe to be good but im not sure so im here for some advice. so im considering the ARRIS SURFboard SBG6782AC which i found on NewEgg for 250$ and then i found the same thing on amazon for 140$ so i was like jesus discount if this thing is actully any good im buying it!

so questions                              

My Wireless Card is a TP-LINK Archer T9E AC1900

1. My download speed is 60mbps and my upload is 6mbs (i know its poop but its the best you can get were i live =[ ) alright so my current modem/wireless combo the wireless caps out at 300mbps and this router says up to 1750mbps! my understanding was a direct line with a cat6 was like 1000mbps so is this wireless faster that a direct connection??? or am i retarded? 

2. I use wireless on my desktop which is upstairs from my modem so direct connect is not a option i currently get only 2 of 5 bars wireless signal from downstairs will this modem have a better range than a started junk TWC modem or should i be considering something else?

3. if you have a better suggestion im all ears drop some wisdom on me!

I have Comcast and have the Motorola SB6141. It just a modem, has no router built in. Its only an 8x4 modem at that, but it works great with our 75 down 10 up service. I would use a separate modem and router, they seems to work better when they are 2 separate devices. 

Only really advice I could give, if make sure the modem is Docsis 3.0. Make sure the wireless is AC or at least dual band N if you need to cheap out. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.