Need help with my Rog Swift pg279q

Go to solution Solved by i_build_nanosuits,
Just now, Ken7331 said:

It's called the "turbo button" but it's really just a button that changes the refresh rate from 60->120->144

ok, forget about that button and set refresh rate to 144hz in nvidia control panel and call it a day?

turbo button is useless.

Capture.jpg

So I just got mine in and everything looks great, there's little-to-no backlight bleed, colors look perfect, etc. However, the turbo button doesn't appear to be working properly and I'm not sure if I'm just being dumb and overlooking something really obvious but it only seems to be working intermittently. Sometimes I'll press it and it'll work immediately, then other times I press it and it will only change the refresh rate once, or not at all and I can't seem to reproduce any sort of circumstance in which it will or won't work, it's just random. I even manually installed the drivers for it from Asus' website like this guy who was having the same issue with his pg278q, but it hasn't seemed to do anything for my pg279q. Now I'm stuck debating whether I need to RMA or wait and see if a firmware update/fix comes out, it's so new I can't seem to find anyone else with the same problem. 

11 minutes ago, Ken7331 said:

So I just got mine in and everything looks great, there's little-to-no backlight bleed, colors look perfect, etc. However, the turbo button doesn't appear to be working properly and I'm not sure if I'm just being dumb and overlooking something really obvious but it only seems to be working intermittently. Sometimes I'll press it and it'll work immediately, then other times I press it and it will only change the refresh rate once, or not at all and I can't seem to reproduce any sort of circumstance in which it will or won't work, it's just random. I even manually installed the drivers for it from Asus' website like this guy who was having the same issue with his pg278q, but it hasn't seemed to do anything for my pg279q. Now I'm stuck debating whether I need to RMA or wait and see if a firmware update/fix comes out, it's so new I can't seem to find anyone else with the same problem. 

''turbo button''?!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

It's called the "turbo button" but it's really just a button that changes the refresh rate from 60->120->144

Just now, Ken7331 said:

ok, forget about that button and set refresh rate to 144hz in nvidia control panel and call it a day?

turbo button is useless.

Capture.jpg

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR