Computer environmental modeling anyone?

Timothy_Dillon

Hey, so this is a super nerdy group of people. Does anyone here do computer crop or environmental modeling on there pc's? Anyone want to learn more or talk about CPU power in modeling?

I dable in stats, cad, and hay for beef cattle. bot sure exactly what you're looking for

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

Just curious what kind of stuff people are doing. Do you do it as a hobby? Work? 

I'm actually doing a class on it right now as one of the required options.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

A little bit of modeling environments (rooms and such) and objects. Blender is my go-to tool for this.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

wait, I think I misinterpreted this - are we talking about visual, 3D modeling, like creating images of the environment using graphics programs, or creating mathematical models to simulate parts of the environment?  I'm doing the latter for a course and the former for fun in my free time (or at least I used to) :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Oh I just wanted to talk about whatever. Its all interesting to me. I work as a crop modeler for CRCS and specialize in Durum Wheat production. But I find all of it interesting.