looking at a freesync monitor

Yakamaru

so im checking out a freesync monitor, dont really know that much about them, but iv'e done some investigating into a monitor that i am thinking of buying.
ive found the full spec sheet for it FINALLY, and it list the vertical frequency of the monitor at 47~75Hz, so does that basically mean i would still experience screen tearing above 75fps on this monitor?

thanks for any replies :)

3 minutes ago, Yakamaru said:

so im checking out a freesync monitor, dont really know that much about them, but iv'e done some investigating into a monitor that i am thinking of buying.
ive found the full spec sheet for it FINALLY, and it list the vertical frequency of the monitor at 47~75Hz, so does that basically mean i would still experience screen tearing above 75fps on this monitor?

thanks for any replies :)

Yes.

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

well, yes, but you can block most games at 75 fps so this isn't really a problem...

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

shit.. well, i guess ill turn my shopping attention back to a 144hz monitor.

11 hours ago, Epiclol86 said:

well, yes, but you can block most games at 75 fps so this isn't really a problem...

yeah but i didnt spend $350+ on a gpu to limit myself to 75fps hahahaha

1 minute ago, Epiclol86 said:

All games, not most games.

In Crimson, click the 'gaming' tab, then 'global' then set frame target to 75. There's no game it won't work with.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

6 minutes ago, Yakamaru said:

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

5 minutes ago, Yakamaru said:

isnt there some freesync monitors that can go up to 240hz?

No, if it markets itself as 240hz it's really just a 120hz panel with a flickering function.

Look at the XG270HU, it's up there with the best in response and input lag, and it's solid for a TN panel. It's just as good as the BenQ XL2730Z or whatever it's called, but with a bad stand and no VESA mount for a lot less money.

scratch that, can someone explain to me why i should be searching for a freesync screen?

it seems to me that freesync is pretty much = to a 144hz monitor. 

also, ive been using a 1920x1200 monitor for the past 7 years, is it going to feel like a downgrade if im going 1920x1080