GTX960 or r9 380?

MadStar
Go to solution Solved by tobben,

Try to stay on topic. Thread derailed. Majority of the comment's

aren't even trying to address the op. Please report users who

are not acting according to the community standards rather

than taking them up on it yourself.  

OP, if you feel you didn't get your answer, you can make a new 

thread, report anyone who tries to start an unrelated argument.

Just now, App4that said:

The smell of privilege got too strong, I'm out. 

topkek

1 minute ago, SnappingTurtle said:

very capable? it cannot manage a mere 60fps at 1080p with modern games ! that is not "capable" it is in fact unplayabe, especially if you have to run on piece of shit settings.

Again, I ask, have you ever owned one? I OWN one, and it is a good card.

Just now, SnappingTurtle said:

it is simply a peasant experience with that card.

Holy shit, man. Check your fucking privileges. Not everyone has $300-$400 to just drop on a GTX 970 or an R9 390. Get your head out of your ass.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

OP, don't listen to bullcrap. Listen to the majority of us, most of us know their shit. Besides some people here.

Basically, there is no card that can run Ark. Ark is worse then the optimizations of Warner Bros and Ubisoft. A 380 will probably run it flawlessly once it gets optimized. 960 isn't bad, yet not very good value when compared to the GTX 950 and R9 390

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

26 minutes ago, SnappingTurtle said:

good luck playing ark on low end crap like 380 or 960

Well, I'm used to playing it on a GeForce 610m so it's a huge improvement either way ;)

Just now, SnappingTurtle said:

yeah so why dont you just fuck off and "adjust your expectations" to fucking console! 

Funny you should say that, because I also own a PS4. Surprisingly good for the price, but anyhow...

Compared to a console, I would say the GTX 750 Ti is a better experience, along with being able to access a slew of games not available to consoles, including entire genres. Better performance isn't the only reason to opt for PC as opposed to consoles.

1 minute ago, Stijncat said:

Correct!

They will not satisfy you. However, 90% of the people don't have a bottomless budget to be able to afford a Titan X. 90% of the people are 100% fine with having to play on low settings, if that means that they can afford food.

True dat...
I'll just stay quiet in a corner. :D

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

1 minute ago, SnappingTurtle said:

i have just confirmed you are a troll. i would rather use the ps4 to wipe my ass than play games on it! lmao

I have just confirmed that you're obviously not that bright. Console is good for the price, and it handles games that are made for it just fine. People are allowed to like console, and are allowed to like PC. People can have there own opinions. From the sound of it, you definitely sound like someone who plays Call of Duty on console.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

Just now, Trav_X said:

I have just confirmed that you're obviously not that bright. Console is good for the price, and it handles games that are made for it just fine. People are allowed to like console, and are allowed to like PC. People can have there own opinions. From the sound of it, you definitely sound like someone who plays Call of Duty on console.

i didn't say people were not allowed their opinions, i just disagree with them

Try to stay on topic. Thread derailed. Majority of the comment's

aren't even trying to address the op. Please report users who

are not acting according to the community standards rather

than taking them up on it yourself.  

OP, if you feel you didn't get your answer, you can make a new 

thread, report anyone who tries to start an unrelated argument.