Looking for a VERY thin fan.

normpearii

So I have a Rosewill Blackhawk (Not the Full Tower "Ultra" that linus reviewed, the mid-tower). It has a fan spot on the right side panel for 92mm or 120mm fans to cool behind the CPU on the motherboard.

Right now I have the AMD Stock cooler's fan back there (and all its 6000 RPM glory) back there, which is ridiculously loud. However It lowered my motherboard CPU temperature to only 8-10c above the CPU package temp, instead of the previous 15-30c (Which made overclocking impossible because the motherboard would shut down @ 80c while the CPU package wasn't even at 50c)

The problem is, the gap between the side panel and the motherboard tray makes the space between the motherboard and the side panel less than 22mm. (All the fan's I own are 25mm)

Right now if I unplug the stock fan, the system is 8-10 dB quieter at full load.

Noise isn't too important (i.e priority) (I have all except the forward most bottom fan spot filled, and the 390 requires airflow to not overheat the other components above it), needs to be strong enough to pull a decent amount of air through this air filter however. I more or less just want a proper fan back there that doesn't spin @ 6000 RPM.

6 minutes ago, normpearii said:

-SNIP-

For slim fans there aren't too many options out there but Gelid and Silverstone both some some decent ones with good pressure:

http://www.gelidsolutions.com/products/index.php?lid=1&cid=2&id=84&tab=2

http://www.gelidsolutions.com/products/index.php?lid=1&cid=2&id=84&tab=2

But for behind the CPU it will give some incidental airflow but usually doesn't make much of a difference. 

Hmm, no matter what I'll end up one that's not black then so far.

Might buy two and experiment with painting the fan blades on one of them. Search function time.