$600-700 build in LA

aPinata

my friend is on a budget and has $500 to spend on a build he has a keyboard mouse headset and monitor lined up for around $100 total so thats good he doesnt mind going used so maybe like $600-700 and then i can try and search on reddit or craiglist for him just let me know thanks :)

LA? Los Angeles if so try to go to a micro center they have create prices

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

2 minutes ago, TheGeeker said:

LA? Los Angeles if so try to go to a micro center they have create prices

ok thanks :)

Go shop around there are a lot more Computer stores out west than on the east coast

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

3 minutes ago, aPinata said:

ok thanks :)

Great prices. CPUs are cheaper in store and they have nice open box mobos and other things I would get the GPU and PSU online though they do not have too good prices but since your their try to get them to price match. Just go on x website and find a lower price and complain they usually give it to you.

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

3 minutes ago, TheGeeker said:

Great prices. CPUs are cheaper in store and they have nice open box mobos and other things I would get the GPU and PSU online though they do not have too good prices but since your their try to get them to price match. Just go on x website and find a lower price and complain they usually give it to you.

but like what general parts should i look for i know a 280 is more than capable for 1080p gaming as of now and a 4460 is pretty good should i stick with those?

Try and go for a i5 4460, 8GB RAM, GTX 950 combo. Its do able within maybe ~$650 

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

1 minute ago, aPinata said:

but like what general parts should i look for i know a 280 is more than capable for 1080p gaming as of now and a 4460 is pretty good should i stick with those?

Here:

ONLINE:

NEWEGG

PSU

SSD/HDD

DVD Drive (If you want one)

NEW case

EBAY/Craigslist

USED 280x

Used Case Cheap

Microcenter

I5 4460

Open Box NON Z Class Mobo since the I5 can not be overclocked

And All above items if you can get a good deal/price match