Temp solution for pump/res

HeyGuys

I was building my water loop when I noticed I forgot to buy the pump/res mounting *facepalm* 

Now I don't wanna sit here for 4 days without a gaming PC so I'm looking for a temp solution to keep the pump/res in place.

The thing I forgot:

FdXNjfs.png

It's a mounting thing that screws in a 120mm fan spot. I'm gonna mount it the place of the back exhaust fan in an H440 case.

Any ideas how I can securely get my pump/res in place until the mounting bracket arrives in 4/5 days?

The pump/res: 3NRM4jS.png

Thanks!

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

5 minutes ago, yannickverc said:

HeyGuys

I was building my water loop when I noticed I forgot to buy the pump/res mounting *facepalm* 

Now I don't wanna sit here for 4 days without a gaming PC so I'm looking for a temp solution to keep the pump/res in place.

The thing I forgot:

FdXNjfs.png

It's a mounting thing that screws in a 120mm fan spot. I'm gonna mount it the place of the back exhaust fan in an H440 case.

Any ideas how I can securely get my pump/res in place until the mounting bracket arrives in 4/5 days?

Thanks!

Unfortunately unless you want to mount the pump/res at the bottom of the case or horizontally, you're going to have to put in some serious effort.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

This same situation happened to me and I was stuck waiting an extra few days.  Luckily performance-PCs.com had a DDC UNI holder and fairly cheap 2 day shipping.

If you're really antsy about it, go to home depot and find two small metal L-brackets and drill holes in them so you can mount it anywhere.

Basically make these

ek-uni-holder50-70_1_600_1.jpg

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

This same situation happened to me and I was stuck waiting an extra few days.  Luckily performance-PCs.com had a DDC UNI holder and fairly cheap 2 day shipping.

If you're really antsy about it, go to home depot and find two small metal L-brackets and drill holes in them so you can mount it anywhere.

Basically make these

-snip-

Yeeeees good idea! 

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

3 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Hang it by the tubes. Thats what I do, keeps the vibrations down

My res is fairly heavy since it's a res/pump combo. Don't think it would be safe to let it hang by the tubes

Cable ties to the rescue!

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

26 minutes ago, yannickverc said:

HeyGuys

The thing I forgot:

FdXNjfs.png

Thanks!

some hot glue and zip ties should give you a temporary solution albeit with a little creativity