600$ USD build for a friend

Mohenjo

Friend is building a PC for gaming. His budget is 600 dollars, he doesn't know anything about them so ill put it all together for him. He needs a monitor and his ABSOLUTE MAX budget is 620 dollars. I didnt get an SSD because i felt the performance would be lost on him and he would benefit more from the gpu power 

Heres what i have 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DCdK6h

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

3 minutes ago, Mohenjo said:

Friend is building a PC for gaming. His budget is 600 dollars, he doesn't know anything about them so ill put it all together for him. He needs a monitor and his ABSOLUTE MAX budget is 620 dollars. I didnt get an SSD because i felt the performance would be lost on him and he would benefit more from the gpu power 

Heres what i have 

000d00037932cbadedc3de65e9c9c682.jpg

you see people wont agree with me since they will think im retarded but i would go for apu and chill with the money for the gpu to see what the next gen is and then just upgrade to 2 ram sticks and are gonna be 2400 speed if you friend can wait since an apu system can handle stuff at above 30fps on bf3 medium but this might just be my prefrence since i think its more worth it waiting for next gen or more moniez 

CPU:Intel Core i5 6600K 3,5GHz  Motherboard: Z170 PRO GAMING  RAM: HyperX X Fury black DDR4 2x4GB

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800 series Case: some random shit tho it is gonna be upgraded Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Display: Asus VS278Q Keyboard: Roccat Arvo Mouse:Razer Naga 2015 Edition OS:Windows 10 

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

000d00037932cbadedc3de65e9c9c682.jpg

i cant see the image :/

nvm yes i can :D

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

6 minutes ago, Mohenjo said:

Heres what i have 

Is there any way he can get along without a monitor until he can afford one?

(maybe someone can lend him one)

that extra $100 can push him to an I5

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rkwr4D

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

1 minute ago, ismma99 said:

you see people wont agree with me since they will think im retarded but i would go for apu and chill with the money for the gpu to see what the next gen is and then just upgrade to 2 ram sticks and are gonna be 2400 speed if you friend can wait since an apu system can handle stuff at above 30fps on bf3 medium but this might just be my prefrence since i think its more worth it waiting for next gen or more moniez 

1 minute ago, Stupidtiggers said:

I would still say SSD personally, since its dead simple to drop a HDD in later when you can spend that bit more 

again he knows nothing :/. He will never try and upgrade the PC on his own and im not gonna be around for much longer to help him anyhoo (hes a classmate and were almost done with highschool) So performance now is key 

I would put a pentium g3258 personally because it is a beast at single threaded performance. get 2x4 for ram evga makes cheaper reliable power supplies. "max budget is $620" *pcpartpicker link is $640 lol xD

Just now, Stardar1 said:

Is there any way he can get along without a monitor until he can afford one?

(maybe someone can lend him one)

that extra $100 can push him to an I5

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rkwr4D

no like, he needs to see the pixels lol 

Just now, Cactusneedle_18 said:

I would put a pentium g3258 personally because it is a beast at single threaded performance. get 2x4 for ram evga makes cheaper reliable power supplies. "max budget is $620" *pcpartpicker link is $640 lol xD

Base Total: $619.53    
Mail-in Rebates: -$30.00    
Total: $589.53

Just now, Mohenjo said:

again he knows nothing :/. He will never try and upgrade the PC on his own and im not gonna be around for much longer to help him anyhoo (hes a classmate and were almost done with highschool) So performance now is key 

I'd just get him a hybrid drive then if you can squeeze that in there for an extra $10

Flash just makes all the difference between "fast" and "holy fuck"

1 minute ago, Mohenjo said:

aww ok since i mean its a good budget move in my eyes but alright i understnad :)

CPU:Intel Core i5 6600K 3,5GHz  Motherboard: Z170 PRO GAMING  RAM: HyperX X Fury black DDR4 2x4GB

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800 series Case: some random shit tho it is gonna be upgraded Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Display: Asus VS278Q Keyboard: Roccat Arvo Mouse:Razer Naga 2015 Edition OS:Windows 10 

Just now, Mohenjo said:

oh yeah i have my pcpartpicker not count mail in rebates because they are BS

also

Untitled-1.jpg.286aba4530c2156f4c94a719b

2 minutes ago, Cactusneedle_18 said:

also

Untitled-1.jpg.286aba4530c2156f4c94a719b

are you in the US? Are you using forced? because thats not what im getting 

15 minutes ago, Mohenjo said:

Heres what i have 

buy a used monitor

21'' 1080p ones go for as low as 40$

are you in the US? Are you using forced? because thats not what im getting 

no i just have my merchants set to only newegg amazon and ncix because everywhere else is BULLSHIT (microcenter)

37 minutes ago, Cactusneedle_18 said:

I wouldn't. Some games straight up don't run on dual cores.

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

I wouldn't. Some games straight up don't run on dual cores.

you can fix that with some work, and the pentium would %100 be faster than the athlon

48 minutes ago, Cactusneedle_18 said:

you can fix that with some work, and the pentium would %100 be faster than the athlon

Actual, on those games even if you do the work arounds to get it to work, it performs considerable poor for how much work you have to do. Using Far Cry 4 as an example:

You'll have to look into the video description for this one, but he says his avg. fps is 35-45 on ultra. 

Using a forum benchmark with a 760 as well, this time with a G3258, he reports similar frame-rates of 40 to 30 while running around.