HD7950 doesn't want to fold :c

it just says ready and doesn't do anything 
i currently have that using it as my main graphics card and my gtx660 is running in my other pci-e slot with no problem along with my 4670k but this 7950 finds a WU but doesn't do anything it just goes back to running and it repeats it again and again 

post-710-0-94966800-1378881313_thumb.png

| CPU ------ i5 4670k 4.4ghz ------ MOBO ------ MSI Z87 GD65 ------ GPU ------ MSI TF3 7950 OC ------ GPU2 ------ EVGA GTX660 SC ------ RAM ------ G.SKILL Sniper ram 1866 2x4 ------ PSU ------ Corsair AX860 ------ SSD ------ Kingston Hyper X 3K 120GB ------ HDD ------Seagate 1TB ------ CASE ------ Corsair 300r |

ok - this is most likely because you are running both AMD and NVidia in the same rig.

Do you have the latest drivers for both loaded? I have had a ton of issues and never got this type of config working, although others have:

Some other trouble shooting. AMD is you main. Pull out the 660, uninstall the NVidia drivers, re-install AMD drivers (don't forget to reboot between each task).

Now, reinstall FAH over the current. Verify you can fold on 7950?

If so, next... install the GTX660, but not any NVidia drivers yet. See if you can fold on both?

At this point, hopefully working. If not - re-install FAH again - test. (remembering to reboot lots?) :)

Working? If not, as last resort, also install NVidia drivers and test.

Some other users may also have some ideas on what to try...

BTW - even with all that, I could not get it working myself and gave up - making a dedicated "amd" based folding rig and a "NVidia" based one.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

ok - this is most likely because you are running both AMD and NVidia in the same rig.

Do you have the latest drivers for both loaded? I have had a ton of issues and never got this type of config working, although others have:

Some other trouble shooting. AMD is you main. Pull out the 660, uninstall the NVidia drivers, re-install AMD drivers (don't forget to reboot between each task).

If so, next... install the GTX660, but not any NVidia drivers yet. See if you can fold on both?

At this point, hopefully working. If not - re-install FAH again - test. (remembering to reboot lots?) :)

BTW - even with all that, I could not get it working myself and gave up - making a dedicated "amd" based folding rig and a "NVidia" based one.

I have it running now I had top update bios and use client-type advanced and it got a WU right away

I'm at 122k ppd ^.^

| CPU ------ i5 4670k 4.4ghz ------ MOBO ------ MSI Z87 GD65 ------ GPU ------ MSI TF3 7950 OC ------ GPU2 ------ EVGA GTX660 SC ------ RAM ------ G.SKILL Sniper ram 1866 2x4 ------ PSU ------ Corsair AX860 ------ SSD ------ Kingston Hyper X 3K 120GB ------ HDD ------Seagate 1TB ------ CASE ------ Corsair 300r |

I installed nvidia drivers then rebooted and I didn't get any video past the windows booting logo

So I booted with the 660 alone and ir worked so I got bios update and updated my bios popped the 7950 back into the first slot along with the GTX 660 in the other slot and by doing this afterburner recognized both cards and let me change setting for both cards completely ad if I had only one card at a time, then used the client-type advanced and boom it worked right away :D

Excellent news!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Excellent news!

so we are rocking and rolling on them points since i'm at school or work i just leave it the whole day folding now