low profile single slot GPU

jarreddean

Hey guys and girls,

I've been chasing a cheap single slot low profile gpu on ebay but cant seem to work out what to get. i basically want to get the most bang for my $$ hence why im chasing it up on ebay. What do you recommend ? it wont be for gaming atm mainly streaming but i still want the option in the future. 

Thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, jarreddean said:

Hey guys and girls,

I've been chasing a cheap single slot low profile gpu on ebay but cant seem to work out what to get. i basically want to get the most bang for my $$ hence why im chasing it up on ebay. What do you recommend ? it wont be for gaming atm mainly streaming but i still want the option in the future. 

Thanks in advance

A GTX 970, R9 380, maybe even lower tier GTX 960 and an R7 370?

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

Like, 5450 level cheap?

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

1 minute ago, Marziman said:

A GTX 970, R9 380, maybe even lower tier GTX 960 and an R7 370?

Can you get these cards in a single slot low profile. Sorry i should say no waterblocks if thats what you were thinking 

2 minutes ago, Ryoutarou97 said:

Like, 5450 level cheap?

i was thinking something a little better. ive heard of a gtx 750 low profile, but not one thats single slot unfortunately

Are they not low profile/single slot?  I thought they were.  The R9 380 is the best deal coming in at 180$ for the XFX double dissipation version and trends at around 150$ Used and 145$ used if you're lucky.

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

if you want low profile AND single slot no water cooling you are looking at like a gt 740 and below.

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

1 minute ago, Marziman said:

Are they not low profile/single slot?  I thought they were.  The R9 380 is the best deal coming in at 180$ for the XFX double dissipation version and trends at around 150$ Used and 145$ used if you're lucky.

they are full sized double.

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

Just now, VinsinityKT said:

they are full sized double.

I swore the XFX one was siingle slot.  My mistake, though might I ask why you need single slot/low profile?

Unfortunately you won't be getting single slot GPU's without going high end or really low end.  The only low tier GPU that's single slot is a 750Ti, get the best model you can, they trend at around 100$ - 80$ used sometimes even 50$

Its to go in a micro server, unfortunately the 16x slot is right against the side panel. unless i move it using an expansion cable.

1 minute ago, jarreddean said:

Its to go in a micro server, unfortunately the 16x slot is right against the side panel. unless i move it using an expansion cable.

Darn, that's really a shame.  You're pretty much stuck with a 750Ti because after researching every card that's out now, none of them were single slot.  At least the mid tier ones aren't

Just now, Marziman said:

Darn, that's really a shame.  You're pretty much stuck with a 750Ti because after researching every card that's out now, none of them were single slot.  At least the mid tier ones aren't

yeah its a hard combo to find thanks for your help marziman 

Just now, jarreddean said:

yeah its a hard combo to find thanks for your help marziman 

No problemo happy building!