Corsair HG10 N980

Wesleydn

I recently bought the N980 and working like a charm with 30C on idel and 55-60C under load depending on the day.

The corsair fan that came from the bracket is a bit loud and doesn't go below 25%.

I was told that if i replace this fan with the one from a reference Nvidia blower cooler that i would be able to make the fan go to 0% under idle and also it would run quiter under load.

Where can i get this fan? (i would gather it would need to be from the 900 series or titan X as those have the 0% function. Or is there a better fan i could get? if it doesnt go to 0% thats fine, just looking for a quite fan on idle and more quite under load than the corsair one. 

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

Have you tried creating fan curves in MSI Afterburner? If that doesn't work, probably the best bet is to either look for a blower shroud (any of the 970+) on ebay or craigslist or other used sites that someone is selling because they installed a waterblock. You may be able to find an oem fan on aliexpress, (I've seen msi ones for their twin frozr), but I'm not shure.

I like good humans and good food

1 minute ago, colinreay said:

Probably best bet is to either look for a blower shroud (any of the 970+) on ebay or craigslist or other used sites that someone is selling because they installed a waterblock. You may be able to find an oem fan on aliexpress, (I've seen msi ones for their twin frozr), but I'm not shure.

I have looked on ebay and craigs list but cant find anything. I cant even Find DOA cards for sale

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

How is the blower fan connected? Is it to the header on the card, or a seperate plug on the motherboard, or somewhere else?

2 minutes ago, colinreay said:

How is the blower fan connected? Is it to the header on the card, or a seperate plug on the motherboard, or somewhere else?

To the Fan header on the card, on the corsair forums they are complaints about the fan, thats why im looking for a Nvidia one or better

Weird... I would imagine you could just adjust the blower fan speed in EVGA Percision or MSI Afterburner. What kind of corsair cooler are you running? If it is a round Asetek OEM style, you could switch the HG10 for something like the NZXT Kraken G10

18 minutes ago, Wesleydn said:

To the Fan header on the card, on the corsair forums they are complaints about the fan, thats why im looking for a Nvidia one or better

Is the fan 3/4 pin? Have you tried using a different header on your mobo to see if it'll go below 25%?

Just now, EdInk said:

Is the fan 3/4 pin? Have you tried using a different header on your mobo to see if it'll go below 25%?

Read below

5 minutes ago, colinreay said:

Weird... I would imagine you could just adjust the blower fan speed in EVGA Percision or MSI Afterburner. What kind of corsair cooler are you running? If it is a round Asetek OEM style, you could switch the HG10 for something like the NZXT Kraken G10

clearly you did not read..
I have the HG10 N980 bracket with a H90 AIO for my GPU, the bracket comes with Fan on the bracket, these fans are not normal fans like a 80mm etc, they have 3 screw holes and use the same fan connector the GPU fans come with.

Below is the link to AN EXAMPLE! or the AMD one.

http://www.amazon.com/ATI-Video-Card-4870-Replacement/dp/B005DO69T4/ref=pd_sim_147_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=41A3lV6NEPL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0ENAFWG83TVMQ3DC6WPE

1 minute ago, Wesleydn said:

clearly you did not read..
I have the HG10 N980 bracket with a H90 AIO for my GPU, the bracket comes with Fan on the bracket, these fans are not normal fans like a 80mm etc, they have 3 screw holes and use the same fan connector the GPU fans come with.

I did read... Aha. I understand it is not a typical case fan, it is a blower style fan, which is defenitely not the same as something that cools your case. The reason I suggested the NZXT G10 is because for $30, you can get a new bracket. I understand you just want a new fan, but hear me out. The G10 comes with an actual pc case style fan. It is 92mm and is a 3 pin, so it should be quiet and rpm controllable from the motherboard. It will be compatible with your cooler, as it is the same Asetek waterblock as the NZXT Krakens. You may be able to find a blower fan by itself, but I don't know if it will be cheaper than the Kraken.

4 minutes ago, colinreay said:

I did read... Aha. I understand it is not a typical case fan, it is a blower style fan, which is defenitely not the same as something that cools your case. The reason I suggested the NZXT G10 is because for $30, you can get a new bracket. I understand you just want a new fan, but hear me out. The G10 comes with an actual pc case style fan. It is 92mm and is a 3 pin, so it should be quiet and rpm controllable from the motherboard. It will be compatible with your cooler, as it is the same Asetek waterblock as the NZXT Krakens. You may be able to find a blower fan by itself, but I don't know if it will be cheaper than the Kraken.

Why waste more money on another Bracket and a good fan.. and in my country the G10 is close to $65 where the HG10 is $40 i have everything already. and im running a Mini ITX so i want to fan controlled by the GPU.

I have owned a G10 and the HG10 looks a lot better, easier to put on, more compatibility with AIO and slightly better temps 

all i asked is if anyone know where i can get the Nvidia Blower style fan or better

1 minute ago, Wesleydn said:

Why waste more money on another Bracket and a good fan.. and in my country the G10 is close to $65 where the HG10 is $40 i have everything already. and im running a Mini ITX so i want to fan controlled by the GPU.

all i asked is if anyone know where i can get the Nvidia Blower style fan or better

Dude, I'm just trying to help. Since you are in South Africa, I don't know how easy it will be to source a correct blower fan, and if you do, it might cost a premium, more than the G10. If you are serious about making it more quiet, this could be the only practical option. Plus, you could either try to return the HG10, or just sell it. If you don't want to, it's fine, it just is probably going to be to difficult to solve your problem by finding a blower fan.

@colinreay

I did not limit my search for the fan to South Africa, I did not say that money was an issue either to get the fan. I know what i want and want to see how to get it as i cant find any locally.

I will not go back to a G10 they are old, outdated and ugly.

Im looking for the Nvidia Blower fan (from 900 series or Titan x as they can go to 0% and are more quite) or blower fan better and more quite than the nvidia one.

I dont like it when i ask one question and people answer questions i didnt ask

EG, if i ask if SP120 quite PWM is better than a Coolermaster Silencio and then they tell me to buy a nf-f12 and start trying to convince me why..

All i want is a simple answer to my question SP or Coolermaster or in this case if anyone know where i can get the Nvidia fan or better

The stock blower fan from Nvidia won't go to 0% without a special BIOS, assuming you can even buy it. The Corsair blower is louder at the same fan speed as the Nvidia fan but also blows more air. Are you not happy with having it at 20% speed? It did a good job and wasn't really loud in my tests but each person is different of course.