PC build$1000 USD Gaming

daviden
Go to solution Solved by stconquest,
4 minutes ago, daviden said:

I already have a headset and mouse, and the keyboard is not included in the cost because I will take care of that separately, so I need Windows and a monitor

$1004:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($51.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($30.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($61.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  ($274.99 @ Newegg)  <<or a GTX 970
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Case Fan: NZXT RF-FN142-RB 50.0 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($6.99 @ Directron)  <<Front Intake
Monitor: Acer R240HY bidx 60Hz 23.8" Monitor  ($131.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $973.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-21 14:25 EST-0500

3 minutes ago, Themule08 said:

Well good luck with your build.. You have all the info you need... take some from me and him... and make your system the way you want..

I would suggest the phanteks case though... they are beautiful and offer great value for the money!

yup I am going using that case it looks great!

Just now, daviden said:

yup I am going using that case it looks great!

Just make sure you get at least one 140mm fan for the front intake.  The case only comes with one 140mm in the rear.

My build was right on with the original request.. It would be under with the evo cpu cooler and a 250gb ssd..

I was just showing what with a little extra cash for the monitor and other components open up future proofing.. spending an extra 100 to 200 bucks now.. instead of having to update in the future again.. is a huge plus

5 minutes ago, daviden said:

ok I will still use the SSD and I am aware of that, that is why I only going to use it a a secondary option

I still think that 240 GB might be a bit low, what do you think?

Just now, Themule08 said:

My build was right on with the original request.. It would be under with the evo cpu cooler and a 250gb ssd..

I was just showing what with a little extra cash for the monitor and other components open up future proofing.. spending an extra 100 to 200 bucks now.. instead of having to update in the future again.. is a huge plus

The original post was misleading.  ;)

1 minute ago, daviden said:

I still think that 240 GB might be a bit low, what do you think?

I have been using a 240GB SSD for over two years now.  I don't even have a mechanical drive in my PC.  My mechanical drives sit in a drawer.  I connect them with an adapter when I need them.

give me your max budget.. and I will get it right to that point.. and give you ability for future proofing as well

give me your max budget.. and I will get it right to that point.. and give you ability for future proofing as well

the highest I'll go is probably $1200

3 minutes ago, stconquest said:

I have been using a 240GB SSD for over two years now.  I don't even have a mechanical drive in my PC.  My mechanical drives sit in a drawer.  I connect them with an adapter when I need them.

I'll take your word and just stick with the SSD and upgrade later if need be

3 minutes ago, daviden said:

I'll take your word and just stick with the SSD and upgrade later if need be

I have a bunch of games installed right now:

LoL

Fallout New Vegas

Anno 2205

Cities Skyline

Sid Meier's Starships

Test Drive:  Ferrari

...and a few others...

I still have 92GB free.

You can't store a ton of movies and games though, but that is not very smart.  If I play a big game like GTAV (50+GB) I finish it, then uninstall it. 

I have a bunch of games installed right now:

LoL

Fallout New Vegas

Anno 2205

Cities Skyline

Sid Meier's Starships

Test Drive:  Ferrari

...and a few others...

I still have 92GB free.

You can't store a ton of movies and games though, but that is not very smart.  If I play a big game like GTAV (50+GB) I finish it, then uninstall it. 

I'll really just store games and a few extra programs and a few photos that I would use as a background, and I don't play very intensive games excepte Elite and other than that its just steam games and some extra stuff like warframe 

Just now, daviden said:

I'll really just store games and a few extra programs and a few photos that I would use as a background, and I don't play very intensive games excepte Elite and other than that its just steam games and some extra stuff like warframe 

240GB is plenty.  Eventually you can add in a 1TB drive.  I still have not needed too. 

Ok this will be 98 bucks or so over your 1300 budget..   you go the non 6600k and do his CPU will get you closer to 1300..

Up to you and your budget.. I overshot my budget for my CPU by 140 bucks because I wanted to make sure I bought the best I could find even if it was a little over what I planned.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WJkpyc

5 minutes ago, daviden said:

also I just looked and I found the  Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  and if I replace this with the one you recommended the total price is still under $1000 with rebates of course

Just now, Themule08 said:

Ok this will be 98 bucks or so over your 1300 budget..   you go the non 6600k and do his CPU will get you closer to 1300..

Up to you and your budget.. I overshot my budget for my CPU by 140 bucks because I wanted to make sure I bought the best I could find even if it was a little over what I planned.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WJkpyc

I'll refrain from critiquing the build, that is for you two to discuss, but the monitor is still not included in the price... and I was under the assumption it would be $1000 total - all in.

also I just looked and I found the  Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  and if I replace this with the one you recommended the total price is still under $1000 with rebates of course

Research the V300 SSD.  It is one of the worst SSDs available today.  The 480GB SP550 is around $130.  ...and for reference, the Samsung EVO 500GB is as fast as it gets for $150.  The SP550 is very close to the EVO, you won't notice the difference.  That V300 from Kingston is horrible though.

I'll refrain from critiquing the build, that is for you two to discuss, but the monitor is still not included in the price... and I was under the assumption it would be $1000 total - all in.

Thanks I'll look at it and see if it will work for me

1300 build is the max from his post.. you can remove the extra drive HDD, and find a cheaper monitor if you wanted.. Just showing what top of budget build would look like.. 

The CPU you are using is good.. just not able to over clock which is why it is cheaper..

If it is $1000 total then my build would not work.. I would do an AMD build if I had to be 1000 or under.. over 1000 would be an intel 6600k ..

You could do an AMD CPU build that would be very good for under 1000.. but would not future proof like my setup..

1300 build is the max from his post.. you can remove the extra drive HDD, and find a cheaper monitor if you wanted.. Just showing what top of budget build would look like.. 

The CPU you are using is good.. just not able to over clock which is why it is cheaper..

If it is $1000 total then my build would not work.. I would do an AMD build if I had to be 1000 or under.. over 1000 would be an intel 6600k ..

You could do an AMD CPU build that would be very good for under 1000.. but would not future proof like my setup..

Whoa... $1300?

@daviden  Is it $1000 or $1300?

11 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Research the V300 SSD.  It is one of the worst SSDs available today.  The 480GB SP550 is around $130.  ...and for reference, the Samsung EVO 500GB is as fast as it gets for $150.  The SP550 is very close to the EVO, you won't notice the difference.  That V300 from Kingston is horrible though.

ok I'll get the EVO and even though the total is over 1k, I know that I'll be able to make it work fine

You have to options here and mull them over before making your purchase..

Both are very good.. 

You gave two numbers 1,000 and 1,300 dollars..

His is a good 1,000 dollar build that won't give you the ability to upgrade in the future.. If that is not an issue go with his build.  It is a micro motherboard..while cheap won't allow for SLI for the future. 

I like his budget build it will serve you well..

If you are looking for ability to adjust in the future my build will do you very well.

8 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Whoa... $1300?

@daviden  Is it $1000 or $1300?

I really want it to be $1000, $1300 is the very very tippy top of my range but even $1200 is a bit too much for me, $1300 is really just too high unless there is a very good reason for it to get there, @stconquest your compter sounds perfet for me and the price is perfect

I really want it to be $1000, $1300 is the very very tippy top of my range but even $1200 is a bit too much for me, $1300 is really just too high unless there is a very good reason for it to get there, @stconquest your compter sounds perfet for me and the price is perfect

$1300 is really just a backup price in case there happens to be something I need that won't fit into $1000

6 minutes ago, daviden said:

You can save a bit of money just by using the 240SSD ($60) as the main drive and throwing in 1TB HDD ($50), instead of the 500GB SSD.  I really like the bigger SSD idea though.

Oh, and that EVGA B2 power supply I have picked for $65 is a Superflower unit.  Good quality.  I picked it because of the price, it is a good deal.

EVGA power supplies:

Superflower:  B2, G2, P2.

Seasonic:  GS, PS

FSP:  B1, G1

FSP makes some bad ones.  I would avoid those models.

8 minutes ago, stconquest said:

You can save a bit of money just by using the 240SSD ($60) as the main drive and throwing in 1TB HDD ($50), instead of the 500GB SSD.  I really like the bigger SSD idea though.

Oh, and that EVGA B2 power supply I have picked for $65 is a Superflower unit.  Good quality.  I picked it because of the price, it is a good deal.

EVGA power supplies:

Superflower:  B2, G2, P2.

Seasonic:  GS, PS

FSP:  B1, G1

FSP makes some bad ones.  I would avoid those models.

ok thanks, I think I have a winner but I'll still stay open minded because like I said in my original first post, I'm building this later this year, I'm just planning right now