Looking for a good cable modem with good nat settings

looking at them gem but don't know if shes any good 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/arris-surfboard-docsis-3-0-high-speed-cable-modem-silver/7534146.p?id=1218849840013&skuId=7534146

I have a net gear c3700 but its problematic, even with a static ip, and opens the ports, and even trying to run a dmz..... i still get strict nat on everything i own...... im also running a ac2400 asus router in a bridge mode for wireless but that dosent change the network settings at all, just copy's them forward. 

I'm going to say that if you are having traffic problems, it is a configuration problem and not a hardware problem.

What is the problem you are having?

well i don't believe the net gear modem is actually forwarding the ports. Nor dose it respond when i try to force restart(to defualt settings by pressing the red button on the bottom so i might look into getting a differ cable modem. 

Strict/Moderate/Open NAT has nothing to do with your modem and everything to do with your router. The only exception is if you have a combined modem/router. If you have a combined modem/router, then you can long into it to either enable UPnP, or port forward the ports your game(s) need. If you can't access the settings of the modem/router, you should talk to whomever owns it - in other words, if you rent it from your ISP you should ask them about accessing the admin settings of the unit. If you own the unit, then search for the manual or contact the manufacturer. If you want/need to replace a modem/router, you can normally set the unit to work in bridged or passthrough mode, and then get your own router. Or get separate modems and routers.

If you already have a seperate modem and router, then you need to do the same things as I said before (get into the admina nd either enable UPnP or forward the ports your game needs). If you can't do that, then any new router you can get should be able to.

Edit: BTW none of this matters if your provider is doing their own NAT, in which case nothing you do will be able to change it.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

14 hours ago, brwainer said:

Edit: BTW none of this matters if your provider is doing their own NAT, in which case nothing you do will be able to change it.

Agree 100%. Only exception might be a VPN, but if modem/router is out of tech range for OP, then I think VPN is too.