Fix glossy bezel on xb270ha monitor

Thirall

I bought a new xb270ha monitor, and it works great. The only problem is that the bezel has a glossy finish, and that glossy finish reflects the screen a bit. Giving the illusion that there is a black line and at the top, bottom and sides, between the end of the screen. Although I know it isn't a black line since I tested it putting my mouse close, and it reflected it, so that there looked to be 2 mouses. 

Anyone got any suggestions on something I could do to "fix" it? I want a solution that won't void my warranty. Perhaps some matte black self adhesive vinyl? 

http://www.amazon.com/Permanent-Adhesive-Backed-Vinyl-Ease-V0403/dp/B00331SX7U

Although it says permanent, does this mean that it will be super hard to get it off the bezel if I put it on wrong?

Or matte black washi tape, but I do not know how I would use that since it is a roll:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Washi-Masking-Tape-Roll-Matte/dp/B00GWVNSI2

id go with vinyl but it can be hard to get it to look good

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Electrical tape or duct tape or anything like that. If you want to dissasemble it, you can sand the bezel off and spray paint it. 

if you don't want to void your warranty the only option is the vinyl if you did change your mind on the warranty the better looking option would be to take it to pieces (without damaging the panel and sand down the bezel and paint it with some satin car spray paint.

I lurk a lot

But can't I use washi tape? Another user on another forum I asked at said that was a good choice..

And Is vinyl self adhesive tape removable? (may seem like a dumb question) although I am asking because it said permanent on amazon.

Btw I can't change my mind on the warranty since it is a brand new monitor and my dad will go crazy about losing the warranty.

Edited by Thirall

5 hours ago, Thirall said:

But can't I use washi tape? Another user on another forum I asked at said that was a good choice..

And Is vinyl self adhesive tape removable? (may seem like a dumb question) although I am asking because it said permanent on amazon.

Btw I can't change my mind on the warranty since it is a brand new monitor and my dad will go crazy about losing the warranty.

If you want to keep the warranty and make it look nice then tape off the screen and apply plastidip. I know it's not the easiest solution but it'll give you the best result imo.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Plasti dip paint it? Pretty sure that doing that ruins the warranty, or?

22 minutes ago, Thirall said:

Plasti dip paint it? Pretty sure that doing that ruins the warranty, or?

Well that's the thing about plastidip, you can peel it off like a vinyl. Do it right and there will be no issues.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

22 hours ago, Jon Trollston said:

Electrical tape or duct tape or anything like that. If you want to dissasemble it, you can sand the bezel off and spray paint it. 

I would look into this as well if I was OP.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Electrical tape or duct tape is fairly thick though, and painting/sanding definetely ruins the warranty.

Pretty confident about plastidip now, as vong said it can be peeled off. Although the risk of accidently painting the screen itself can be a bit high. But then I can perhaps peel that off after I painted it without the screen being damaged, or? Any ideas on how or what I should cover the screen itself with befire painting? For now my thoughts are newspapers.

Anyhow, is vinyl or washi tape (or other) better for taping the screen if I decide not to plasti dip paint it? Painting it is a bit risky since I have to be sure I have covered the screen good enough.