Cheap SSD?

elliott35

Im looking to put an SSD into my Freenas box as the OS drive. I want a cheap one, it doesn't need to be larger than 32 gigs. What do you guys think is the best one? This one or This one seem pretty good. This is instead of booting off of a flash drive. 

Just go for the cheaper SP600. You can run it off a USB 2.0 thumb drive, so any SSD is more than enough.

Do you think i would see any difference in the boot time for the box with an SSD? And im currently running it on a really old mechanical HDD so im mostly interested in the stability aspect of it.

I'd get the first one, or just get an internal USB header to USB port adapter and just let the USB drive dangle inside the case.

I might just get the San disk because i can run out to the store and get it instead of waiting for Amazon shipping... Im just wondering if makes ANY difference to have the OS loaded onto an SSD instead of the USB drive

An used one. Risk is almost none compared to HDDs. Only if person writes tons of data to it.. But most people don't, as they only keep system and maybe most important games/files on here that are only read for most of the time.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

The cheapest and smallest SSD drive you can find and afford is suitable for boot drive for the FreeNAS box. I use an OCZ Turbo 30GB SSD drive on my FreeNAS box as a boot drive.