Good upgrade from Cooler Master Silencio 550

Roboguy99
Go to solution Solved by 79wjd,

Those temps are perfectly fine, I wouldn't bother upgrading unless something else about the case is bothering you. 

The other cases that really match what you're looking for are the H440 and Define R5, both of which are just as bad.

I've currently got a Cooler Master Silencio 550, but after upgrading my rig to have a 980 and 4970k, it doesn't seem to be able to cope. I've got a Corsair H80i on the CPU, and it idles at ~40C (~100F) and reaches temperatures of up to 60C (140F). I think this is down to poor airflow in the case, so I'd like to get a new one. Problem is, I don't know what to get. The things I care about are, in order of importance:

1. It should have better airflow than my current case
  2. It should be soundproofed
  3. It should have a simple design

If anybody could suggest anything, I'd appreciate that. I'm wrong about it being the case causing high temperatures, I'd appreciate any suggestions as to the actual cause/solutions too.

Those temps are perfectly fine, I wouldn't bother upgrading unless something else about the case is bothering you. 

The other cases that really match what you're looking for are the H440 and Define R5, both of which are just as bad.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Hmm, it's just I've got a friend who has a 980ti and a 4790k running at over 5GHz and his CPU never reaches 40C. I suppose I just lost the silicon lottery...

If those temps are fine though, that's good to know. I'll stick with what I've got.

4 minutes ago, Roboguy99 said:

Hmm, it's just I've got a friend who has a 980ti and a 4790k running at over 5GHz and his CPU never reaches 40C. I suppose I just lost the silicon lottery...

If those temps are fine though, that's good to know. I'll stick with what I've got.

Unless he has a custom loop or is living in a room that's -15ºc I'm calling bullshit. There's no way his CPU stays <40ºc under load if it's at 5ghz (even at stock speeds that's not happening). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.