Corsair HX750 is enough for i5-4670k, GTX760 SLI, and.... ?.

RRGT19

Hi all, i'm new here, my name is Robert.

I will buy this from amazon.com but, i need your advice before purchasing it.

Intel Core i5-4670k (future OC to 4.0GHz)

Corsair Vengeance Pro Series Red 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 MHZ

Asus Gryphon Z87

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB

Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 7200rpm 64mb

SLI 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SC w/ ACX Cooler 2GB

Corsair H100i

2x Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition High Static Pressure 120mm Fan (for the H100i)

2x Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition High Airflow 140mm Fan (Front fan)

1x Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition High Airflow 120mm Fan (Rear fan)

Samsung Optical Drive DVD Burner

Case: Corsair Obsidian Series® 350D

For all of this, i need a Corsair HX750 or HX850?.

I want the right watts, I do not want the computer to be tight or something happens.

Yes. It's enough but I personally would go for the 850.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

2xGTX 760's=450W MAX (assuming you can get the beast OC possible)

I5-4670k @ 4.0GHz is about 95-100W's.

Thats 550W under full load, add in another 50 for your fans, mobo, ram etc and you're at 600W worst case scenario.

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

Also don't jump on the HX series just yet within 2 weeks the new RM series will be released. They will bet quieter and looks like cheaper.

You'll be perfectly fine with a 750w. I really don't think you will need 850 @Bluejay0

Future proofing is in play...

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Thanks guys for helping me with this. A few questions...

1. RM?, this is a new product of Corsair? worth the waiting for it?.

2. If i will be fine with 750watts, then, for what would be good 850w?. I thought this build would be tight with 750w.

You could power that system on a quality 700w, so I would recommend the Cooler Master v700. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171080

Use this promo code: EMCXLXP25

That will bring it down to $123.99. There's also a $35 rebate in which effectively makes it a $88.99 PSU. It's a Seasonic KM3 design unit like the XFX ProSeries Black Edition 750w and Corsair AX760, but with a higher quality FDB fan.

Thanks my friend.

But, what about the RM of Corsair?, i want to know more about it, it looks great!.

Someone knows when it will be released?.

Thanks my friend.

But, what about the RM of Corsair?, i want to know more about it, it looks great!.

Someone knows when it will be released?.

Stay on topic. If you want to know make your own topic.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

Stay on topic. If you want to know make your own topic.

This is his own topic haha.

The RM series is supposed to be a new quiet series of PSU's from Corsair. Linus is excited for it for reasons he won't say. They should be pretty good.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

This is his own topic haha.

The RM series is supposed to be a new quiet series of PSU's from Corsair. Linus is excited for it for reasons he won't say. They should be pretty good.

lol whoops  :P . I get used to people doing that in things that aren't his own topic. My fault sorry.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

Robert, sup...

I am typing this as fast as I can and I have a few social quirks that sometimes get in the way of me explaining something to someone, so please try to follow what I say and if it is hard I can try to explain differently.

Without looking at your specific ones you listed here, I think I have some advice that might help you or someone who sees this who might not be as fluent in PC building as some of us.

As a lazy human being, and someone who uses the lazy man's method for building PCs, I don't get down to the specific numbers and nitpicky observations when buying PC parts. As a rule when it comes to PSUs I buy 100W over what I need. Some might think that is silly, I don't. Another thing I consider when it comes to the PSU is that I only consider the big things like the CPU, GPU (crossfire or SLI), SSD, and motherboard and then I see what wattage PSU I need. Then I buy 100 watts more because it gets tedious trying to figure out if your PSU will handle all your fans, lights, ect. So I just say, "screw it, I'm buying 100 watts over." Fans and case lighting use so little power that it's not even worth the calories it would take to consider it unless you have a huge ass radiator or something.

Paul from Newegg gave some really good advice in one of his PC tutorials. He said, "Do not skimp on the power supply." Sounds like good advice to follow right? I have 2 friends whose GPUs were fried because they used $30 PSUs and they had a nice 7790 GPU.

On your computer you listed, you will need to spend the money to get one that has surge protection, undercurrent protection, and PFC. And then after that you need to hook up your PC to a nice $30-40 surge protector.

I know I am using price as a factor here, but with power supplies and electricity, you get what you pay for. I would challenge anyone here to find a 850 W PSU that has over and undervolt protection and PFC for under $80

For your specific build, go with 850. But when looking at them, MAKE SURE they have great safety features. You might spend $30 more but you cannot skimp on the power. Not enough power, and it could be just as damaging to your system as too much power.

Seriously, cheap PSUs can burn down a home.

One thing I didn't mention was the 80 Plus rating. I do not go by the 80 Plus ratings because PC PSUs are more efficient today than they have ever been. In reality, for the vast majority of us PC people if you buy an 80 Plus Platinum PSU it will not reflect in your electric bill to a significant extent unless you do A LOT of computing Like F@H for 10 hours a day. And a nice $100 PSU will be 80 Plus "something" anyways. The only reason to get into the 80 plus stuff for most of us is because a more efficient PSU may run cooler and quieter. But since most people who are smart with PCs don't put their PC directly onto carpeting, and since the noise level is not that big of a deal to a lot of people, worrying yourself with the difference between a gold rating and a platinum rating is a waste of time. Stability is another thing that might come up. I have never known an 80 Plus Bronze PSU to be less stable than an 80 Plus Gold as long as they all had the same safety features in them.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

750w is plenty. What people don't understand is that PSUs can go above their range (say for example a 500w is pulling ~600w @ full load) but that causes efficiency loss, thats why you should avoid it and I have to upgrade my cx430 before my pc burns out ;)

the 750w is perfect because if lets say you get a 860w power supply, you will be farther away from the specification. the closer you are to the wattage the better because it will be more efficient in its conversion of ac to dc

EricMarsi

Paul from Newegg gave some really good advice in one of his PC tutorials. He said, "Do not skimp on the power supply." Sounds like good advice to follow right? I have 2 friends whose GPUs were fried because they used $30 PSUs and they had a nice 7790 GPU.

For your specific build, go with 850. But when looking at them, MAKE SURE they have great safety features. You might spend $30 more but you cannot skimp on the power. Not enough power, and it could be just as damaging to your system as too much power.

Seriously, cheap PSUs can burn down a home.

Holy crap, no. 

You can run sli 760's off of a decent 650w easily.

What Paul meant was to get a psu of good quality when he said to not skimp--not get one with high wattage.

Regarding the OP's build, it could be cheaper and better imo especially if you shop elsewhere other than Amazon.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Holy crap, no. 

You can run sli 760's off of a decent 650w easily.

What Paul meant was to get a psu of good quality when he said to not skimp--not get one with high wattage.

Regarding the OP's build, it could be cheaper and better imo especially if you shop elsewhere other than Amazon.

well that's actually what I meant, good quality. With the watts, what I mean is that if you want to play it safe and you had to choose one or the other, and all other things being the same, it is better to go with the higher wattage. But that only applies if money is no option and I personally think higher watts are better anyways to kind of future proof your system if you want to do something more in the future to it.

Now that I look at how I worded it, I can see how it could lead you to believe that I said higher watts are better but that is not what I meant. I have trouble wording things vocally and in writing.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

On phone so it's a pain. 750 is plenty. I've read that an 850 can support sli 780 on various other forums. So if Its all true a 750 should be more than enough for Sli 760s. But if you can afford an HX850, why not get it? More room for overclocking and if you get the upgrading bug in the future you can satisfy that itch with that PSU more comfortably. They're both 80 Plus Gold, so you're gonna get a very reliable PSU either way.

If you want another measurement try out...

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

Just give yourself some headroom since Its an estimated number and think about it if you want to OC.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

Hi, there is a new series of power supplys from Corsair. Named "RM".

It looks pretty awesome and has 80 plus Gold and it's fully modular.

You guys recommend RM series or is better to buy the HX series?.

Here's the link of RM series:

RM750:
http://www.corsair.com/us/power-supply-units/rm-series-power-supply-units/rm-series-rm750-80-plus-gold-certified-power-supply.html

RM850:

http://www.corsair.com/us/power-supply-units/rm-series-power-supply-units/rm-series-rm850-80-plus-gold-certified-power-supply.html

Honestly I don't think it'll make much of a difference in performance or quality, so it's up to you. They're both Gold rated, same wattage, both have zero RPM. So focus on other features outside of those.

Which color scheme matches your case more? Does this even matter?

HX is not full modular while the RM is. So the RM is better for cable management and aesthetics.

Check out this site for a better comparison between the two.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page447.htm

So from what you can tell, the HX series is manufactured by Seasonic while the RM series is manufactured by Chicony Power Technology.

What you'll find is that people swear by and love Seasonic products. Most people will declare Seasonic as the best possible, and I agree entirely.

I don't know much about Chicony Power Technology, so I'd personally go with HX since I already know it does everything I want. Though, again, it's Corsair. You're getting a quality product regardless.

Also look at the operating temperatures, if that matters to you. The HX series seems to operate around 50C, while the RM operates around 40C. The RM runs much quieter.

So, yeah. Little tid bits of details.

I have an HX850 and could not be happier, so I would go with the HX. Though the RM seems intriguing to say the least. It's just that I know the HX does everything I want and it's a trusted product.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Honestly I don't think it'll make much of a difference in performance or quality, so it's up to you. They're both Gold rated, same wattage, both have zero RPM. So focus on other features outside of those.

Which color scheme matches your case more? Does this even matter?

HX is not full modular while the RM is. So the RM is better for cable management and aesthetics.

Check out this site for a better comparison between the two.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page447.htm

So from what you can tell, the HX series is manufactured by Seasonic while the RM series is manufactured by Chicony Power Technology.

What you'll find is that people swear by and love Seasonic products. Most people will declare Seasonic as the best possible, and I agree entirely.

I don't know much about Chicony Power Technology, so I'd personally go with HX since I already know it does everything I want. Though, again, it's Corsair. You're getting a quality product regardless.

Also look at the operating temperatures, if that matters to you. The HX series seems to operate around 50C, while the RM operates around 40C. The RM runs much quieter.

So, yeah. Little tid bits of details.

I have an HX850 and could not be happier, so I would go with the HX. Though the RM seems intriguing to say the least. It's just that I know the HX does everything I want and it's a trusted product.

Aside from the HX650v2, which is based off of the Seasonic G platform, the current HX series are manufactured by Channel Well Tech based on the PUQ-G platform. 

I believe you misunderstood the temperature rating, as you are associating it with noise levels (since both have the same efficiency, which either run quieter will depends on the fan choice and fan profile). It doesn't represent the temperature that it will be operating at, but rather it is the temperature that you can put the PSU in and it will still be able to perform as how it should be intended. Meaning the HX850 is capable of supply 850w continuously at 50C whereas the RM850 will supply 850w continuously at 40C; however, it may not be able to 50C, as it wasn't tested at that temperature. Of course, 50C is a very extreme condition that that you won't put your PSU in a realistic workload.

Chicony / Hipro is a solid OEM. I would still wait until there's a review for it to release by JG, HS, TPU, etc though.

Aside from the HX650v2, which is based off of the Seasonic G platform, the current HX series are manufactured by Channel Well Tech based on the PUQ-G platform. 

I believe you misunderstood the temperature rating, as you are associating it with noise levels (since both have the same efficiency, which either run quieter will depends on the fan choice and fan profile). It doesn't represent the temperature that it will be operating at, but rather it is the temperature that you can put the PSU in and it will still be able to perform as how it should be intended. Meaning the HX850 is capable of supply 850w continuously at 50C whereas the RM850 will supply 850w continuously at 40C; however, it may not be able to 50C, as it wasn't tested at that temperature. Of course, 50C is a very extreme condition that that you won't put your PSU in a realistic workload.

Chicony / Hipro is a solid OEM. I would still wait until there's a review for it to release by JG, HS, TPU, etc though.

Ah, thanks for catching that and correcting it. I was thinking 50 seems crazy hot in comparison to mine, but I've never checked any bit of statistics in my PSU.

Did Seasonic make the previous series HX? I always thought Channel Well made the TX series, but I have always heard that Channel Well is one of the better companies out there. If Chicony is a good company, I'll be really interested how the RM compares to the newer HX and the AX series.

Ah, thanks for catching that and correcting it. I was thinking 50 seems crazy hot in comparison to mine, but I've never checked any bit of statistics in my PSU.

Did Seasonic make the previous series HX? I always thought Channel Well made the TX series, but I have always heard that Channel Well is one of the better companies out there. If Chicony is a good company, I'll be really interested how the RM compares to the newer HX and the AX series.

They made the original HX450/520/620 and the two HX650. Going off by memory, the HX450 was the S12II (SS-***ES), while the HX520/620 were the S12. The first HX650 was the S12E, while the current is the Seasonic G (SSP-***RT). The higher wattage, older HX was the CWT DSG units, while the HX1000 was PUC.

Anyways, after the release of the AX760/860 (Seasonic KM3), Corsair seem to be staying away from using Seasonic in which the units that they currently have the fewest units made by them. The majority of them are made by CWT (18 units currently), Flextronic (4), and Hipro (6). Apparently, according the RealhardtechX the entire line of TX series has been discontinued. If that's the case, despite offering full modularity, the Hipro-build RM may be a step down to the HX series electrically. I guess they are attempting to set a new standard in which companies are offering more mid-range units are 80+ Gold? Like what Cooler Master is doing it with their new Enhanced (the company who makes PSU for Silverstone and such) VS series that is going to be release.

Hi guys, there is a few reviews of the RM series right now, the only thing that i believe is important is that RM series is ultra silent, that's all.

The HX series still being better.

So guys, what do you think, RM worth to buy it or not?.

(See the reviews first on youtube)