New Skylake build!

Getting a decent tax refund this year and am starting phase 1 of my new build. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/p92szy

Few things of note:

1. I will be getting 2 pascal $600-$700 range cards (so the 1080ti?). This is because I will need cuda cores for video editing and I want it to be able to give me a smooth VR experience.

2. The H220x is actually going to be a H220x2 prestige but its not on pcpartpicker yet.

3. I currently only have 1080p 60hz monitors so anything beyond possibly a 960 instead isn't worth spending. I don't mind turning settings down a bit to hit a smooth 50fps.

4. I am considering grabbing a H320x2 prestige as well and mount it to the 2 video cards. I dont expect the TDP to be higher than current 980ti's but who knows. Any input on this idea would be nice as originally I didn't want to watercooling the cards but the more I think about it, it may be a good idea. Cost is a big deal on this because even the cheapest version of it I can piece together is easily 500 bucks for the 2 gpu's when picking decent components.

5. I use this for a balance of video editing and gaming. Before anyone says go X99 I did my research and found out that video card does so much more (at least for adobe premier) than the cpu that the cpu starts to matter very little. I may consider reselling my skylake for skylake-E. I'm really hoping they upgrade the X99 chipset as it is starting to age a bit (though its still very good for the good majority of users)

6. I will be adding possibly the ROG Gsync 1440p ips 165hz monitor. I'm still up in the air on monitors. I know I want all of those features. I'm not set on the ROG but it does seem to be the choice as of right now. This wont be done until I get the pascal gpu's.

Anything I missed? I think I did a good job with my research but would like feedback just in case I missed something.

Edit: Forgot to mention I currently have an AX760 with custom cables with my previous build. I will be upgrading it when I go dual GPU.

6 minutes ago, Hunter7263 said:

Getting a decent tax refund this year and am starting phase 1 of my new build. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/p92szy

Few things of note:

1. I will be getting 2 pascal $600-$700 range cards (so the 1080ti?). This is because I will need cuda cores for video editing and I want it to be able to give me a smooth VR experience.

2. The H220x is actually going to be a H220x2 prestige but its not on pcpartpicker yet.

3. I currently only have 1080p 60hz monitors so anything beyond possibly a 960 instead isn't worth spending. I don't mind turning settings down a bit to hit a smooth 50fps.

4. I am considering grabbing a H320x2 prestige as well and mount it to the 2 video cards. I dont expect the TDP to be higher than current 980ti's but who knows. Any input on this idea would be nice as originally I didn't want to watercooling the cards but the more I think about it, it may be a good idea. Cost is a big deal on this because even the cheapest version of it I can piece together is easily 500 bucks for the 2 gpu's when picking decent components.

5. I use this for a balance of video editing and gaming. Before anyone says go X99 I did my research and found out that video card does so much more (at least for adobe premier) than the cpu that the cpu starts to matter very little. I may consider reselling my skylake for skylake-E. I'm really hoping they upgrade the X99 chipset as it is starting to age a bit (though its still very good for the good majority of users)

6. I will be adding possibly the ROG Gsync 1440p ips 165hz monitor. I'm still up in the air on monitors. I know I want all of those features. I'm not set on the ROG but it does seem to be the choice as of right now. This wont be done until I get the pascal gpu's.

Anything I missed? I think I did a good job with my research but would like feedback just in case I missed something.

its best if you go X99 imho. Adobe Premiere Pro uses the CPU as well as the GPU when rendering so it's a plus to have 2 more cores and 4 more threads.

And are you willing to wait for Pascal? :P

and you don't need 64gb of RAM...32gb is enough.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($374.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220-X 55.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: MSI X99A Raider ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($202.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($214.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($297.49 @ Micro Center) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($96.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 950 2GB Video Card  ($154.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Corsair Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($95.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1538.29
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-20 07:00 EST-0500

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

7 minutes ago, tataklee said:

The AX 760 is a very good PSU, but this one's even better and cheaper:

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220p20750x1

That was my bad I editing the main post but I already have the psu from my current build with red single sleeved cables. 

@SeanAngelo Have you seen how much more important the gpu is? The guy at microcenter said he got dual 980ti's and he said each 980ti easily does 10 times the work that his 5960x does. I thought he was exagerating until I stumbled upon an nvidia article where 2 titan xs where doing 23 times the work as a 16 core (32thread) xeon would do by itself (in premier). I currently cant see myself giving up dual m.2 support or native 3.1 support for the x99 platform. Also, yes I can wait for pascal.