What HDD For Build?

alanp1995

So I found this cool case and I'm trying to pick something for around 60€ for a storage drive. You can see the build below.

PCPartPicker part list: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/GqsNRB

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  (€117.70) 
Motherboard: ASRock H110M-ITX Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€70.65) 
Memory: Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (€33.37) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 2GB OC Edition Video Card  (€149.18) 
Case: Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case w/450W Power Supply  (€129.18) 
Total: €500.08

22 minutes ago, Bgordy2013 said:

A WD black would fit the bill. I'm not sure what they go for outside the us but they are around $60 here.

The drive needs to be a 2.5" drive for this case. It doesn't house the regular 3.5" Seagate/WD drives.....

24 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Segate barracuda,WD Blue

And would the node 202's built in PSU be good enough?

You can get both Blues and Blacks in 2.5" variants. They may not be 1TB but they are avaliable. You don't really have to worry about HDDs when dealing with PSU requirements as they draw so little power. With your other components you will be fine on 450w I run an i7 and 290X on a 500W PSU, as long as you don't plan to OC you will be fine.

I'd go with a 500gb SSD or a 1TB hybrid depending on how much space ya need

CPU: AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz 6-Core OEM/Tray Processor + Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX ATX AM3+ Motherboard Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive + Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive & Seagate Barracuda 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card Case: Rosewill THOR V2 ATX Full Tower Case + Thermaltake TR2 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter Monitor: Asus VK278Q 27.0" Monitor

Peripherals: Razer DeathStalker Wired Gaming Keyboard + Razer Abyssus Wired Optical Mouse Headphones: Bose SIE2i Orange Earbud Headphones + Mic: Kaxidy Stereo MIC

1 minute ago, ShaunC said:

I'd go with a 500gb SSD or a 1TB hybrid depending on how much space ya need

Budget is 60€, so I managed to pick this out for €59.98 - https://de.pcpartpicker.com/part/western-digital-internal-hard-drive-wd7500bpkx

How is it?

3 minutes ago, Bgordy2013 said:

You can get both Blues and Blacks in 2.5" variants. They may not be 1TB but they are avaliable. You don't really have to worry about HDDs when dealing with PSU requirements as they draw so little power. With your other components you will be fine on 450w I run an i7 and 290X on a 500W PSU, as long as you don't plan to OC you will be fine.

Great choice. That is the drive that I had in mind for you when I posted. WD is a reliable brand and their drives are of good quality.

That would do the trick.  I've heard that WD blacks are awesome, so it should work fine.

The PSU should be completely fine for the parts that you have.  If you were going with a more power hungry GPU i'd be more concerned

CPU: AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz 6-Core OEM/Tray Processor + Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX ATX AM3+ Motherboard Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive + Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive & Seagate Barracuda 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card Case: Rosewill THOR V2 ATX Full Tower Case + Thermaltake TR2 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter Monitor: Asus VK278Q 27.0" Monitor

Peripherals: Razer DeathStalker Wired Gaming Keyboard + Razer Abyssus Wired Optical Mouse Headphones: Bose SIE2i Orange Earbud Headphones + Mic: Kaxidy Stereo MIC

5 minutes ago, Bgordy2013 said:

Great choice. That is the drive that I had in mind for you when I posted. WD is a reliable brand and their drives are of good quality.

2 minutes ago, ShaunC said:

That would do the trick.  I've heard that WD blacks are awesome, so it should work fine.

The PSU should be completely fine for the parts that you have.  If you were going with a more power hungry GPU i'd be more concerned

Thanks guys! :)